The iPad is definitely the new it. This is Apple’s new money-maker, a revolutionary product that can be used for virtually any purpose, be it entertainment or work related. Today, we list 100 iPad applications that can be used by public relations professionals in their line of work. iPad apps that connect with Twitter, productivity apps, news reader apps, publishing apps, and more. Feel free to add your favorite apps in the comments below – it will help us greatly to compile a feature list.
15 Twitter apps for iPad
- The official Twitter app for iPad was developed by the Twitter staff and is offered free of charge on iTunes.
- Twitterrific for iPad is one of the most popular apps of its kind. You can read and compose tweets, search Twitter.com, filter message types and much more. The app is free, with a $4.99 upgrade for power users.
- Echofon has a powerful tweet-authoring where you can write tweets, take photos, record video (3GS only) and update your current location.
- Twit Pro is full-featured, powerful Twitter client for iPhone/ iPod-Touch with rich functionality of posting messages, photos & videos, tweet symbols (♥ ♫ ☀ ☹☺), geotagging, handling multiple accts, aggregating hottest stories on twitter,upload to facebook (videos/photos), offline-mode & much more…(including universal landscape)
- Fipboard was launched July 22, 2010. It received immediate attention, as self-declared world’s first social magazine. The app for iPad allows users to flip through stories, photos, news and updates shared across Twitter and Facebook.
- Tweetdeck for iPad is as cool as its desktop predecessor, with iPad gesture-based navigation, as well as all the standard TweetDeck functionality, like composing, retweeting, and sending DMs. The app is free.
- Twittelator Pad is the ultimate way to experience Twitter on your iPad. They are particularly proud of their design.
- Tweet Flow is one of the first Twitter clients specifically developed for the iPad. This application provides all the features you need to use Twitter on your iPad, with a very beautiful design. The background will also change depending on the local time (day or night).
- Tweeterena 2 for iPad is a brand new fully featured Twitter client designed specifically for the iPad’s large beautiful display.
- TapTweet is not a heavy intensive memory hogging twitter client. All it’s used for, is to post tweets! And that’s it!
- Tweet – iPad Edition is a very fast and very stable twitter client for the iPhone, iPod and iPad. It offers simplicity for the novice twitter user and very powerful features for the expert.
- With Tweet Mapper, you can watch live as tweets are broadcast from 10 cities around the world: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, London, Tokyo, Rome, Mexico City, Miami, Barcelona.
- Can you guess what to do with the following: All-in-1 for Facebook, Twitter, Animoticons, Emoji, Quotes, MMS ~ iSocialize?
- TwitBird is a fast, flexible, full-featured twitter client for iPhone and iPod Touch. It has a lot of cool features that you see in other twitter apps but rarely together.
- TwitRocker is not free, but cool nevertheless. For $4.99 you get an app that supports full list integration, bit.ly support, multiple account support, and more.
15 News Apps
- FLUD is a modern, beautiful and personalized mobile news ecosystem with a vision to empower it’s users to interact with each other to access, engage and broadcast content that is relevant to them.
- The NYT Editors’ Choice application offers a selection of latest news, opinion and features that are automatically updated to your device.
- Thomson Reuters News Pro for iPad gives you knowledge to act, with fast on or offline access to the latest breaking news, pictures and video, together with extensive global financial data, corporate information and interactive financial charting.
- SkyGrid – The News App for Info Junkies! A Featured App, Staff Favorite, Top 100, and one of the highest rated apps in the App Store.
- Feeddler is the most popular RSS reader for iPad and has been picked as a top iPad app.
- Pulse is an elegant news reading application for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It incorporates colorful panning story bars and fills them with content from your favorite sources.
- The Early Edition aggregates your favorites news sources and presents them in an attractive, familiar-looking newspaper format. The app comes with about a dozen news feeds already configured.
- Times is a unique and innovative newsreader designed to make browsing through your daily news more efficient and enjoyable. By combining multiple news feeds onto a single page, Times lets you quickly scan through headlines, previews, and photos to find the stories that interest you most.
- Byline, the Google reader on the go, allows you to the latest news from your favorite sites and blogs, even when you’re offline. Simply use your free Google Reader account to subscribe to websites you’d like to keep track of. Byline will automatically stay in sync and bring you new content, putting thousands of RSS and Atom feeds at your fingertips. Even when you have no internet connection.
- River of News is a RSS reader for the iPad that syncs with your Google Reader account.
- News for iPad is a Multisource Video News Analysis – designed and developed exclusively for the Apple iPad.
- Fluent News aggregates made-for-mobile versions of top news sources into a single, intelligently organized, fully customizable mobile newspaper. It allows you to create up to 3 of your own custom sections based on keyword searches. You can also control the content by promoting one news source and disabling one news source. Unlimited custom sections and source filtering is available for a fee.
- My Newspaper is a new app that gives you your very own custom newspaper from your Google Reader feeds. You’ll get full Google Reader sync of unread and starred items so you can be confident that you won’t miss anything.
- NetNewsWire is an RSS reader for iPad — you can read news from the millions of weblogs and sites that publish RSS feeds. It also syncs with Google Reader.
- Even Google has an iPad-friendly version of its RSS aggregator, called Google Reader Play.
25 Office and Work Apps
- Air Sharing – lets you transfer PDF, Microsoft Office and iWork files to your iPad from your Mac or PC over WiFi. It also has other features like view and email documents; download files from the web; zip and unzip; file operations (Copy, Paste, Move, Rename, New Folder) and more.
- FileMagnet makes it easy to copy files from your computer onto your iPad. You can view all the popular file formats, including PDF, Microsoft Office, RTF, and iWork ’09, even when you’re not connected to the internet. Also compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- With Box.net you can view all your files on-the-go: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs, images and Box Web Documents. Listen to audio files and watch videos stored on Box. You can also share files and folders with anyone; save files to your iPhone or iPad for offline access and more.
- Dropbox is the easiest way to sync and share your files online and across computers. The iPad app requires you to have an online Dropbox account. It allows you to view photos, videos, documents, and presentations; share them, and export them to other iPhone and iPad apps.
- GoodReader is a file viewer with many powerful features, most of which address PDF and TXT viewing, but it can also handle all of the most popular file types.
- Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite, is a full-featured Microsoft® Office productivity suite for iPhone® or iPod® touch with integrated access to multiple cloud services; MobileMe, Dropbox, Google® Docs, and Box.net directly from your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Documents To Go is a Universal application so that means you can install and use it on iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. You also get new features which can only be found on the iPad, iPhone 4 or iOS 4. These include support for iTunes File Sharing so you can easily move files between your device & computer as well as support for inter-application document sharing, which means apps like the built-in “Mail” app can now open supported attachments in Docs To Go.
- MobileNoter is a powerful and multifunctional note taking application which is able to sync with Microsoft OneNote. Although you can use MobileNoter as a standalone application to take and store your notes, its real power comes into play when you start using it with Microsoft OneNote.
- abcNotes – Simply the most realistic & user friendly notes in the world – as described on its iTunes store page.
- Popplet can be used for many things in your personal, professional and educational lives: mood boards, scrapbook, travel Plans; photo albums, portfolios, presentations; journals, notes, shopping lists; diagrams, brainstorming, project planning and more.
- ReaddleDocs can catch documents from any source you can imagine: PC or Mac computers, web sites, email attachments, iDisk, Dropbox and other online file storages and even iPhones. All files are saved to your iPad locally so you can enjoy reading them anywhere.
- Evernote turns the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad into an extension of your brain, helping you remember anything and everything that happens in your life. From notes to ideas to snapshots to recordings, put it all into Evernote and watch as it instantly synchronizes from your iPhone to your Mac or Windows desktop.
- With Simplenote you can keep notes, lists, ideas and more.
- With Office² HD you can view, create and edit Word (DOC) and Excel (XLS) files on your iPad. It integrates with Google Docs, DropBox and MobileMe iDisk too, which means that you can now access your important documents at all times.
- PDF Reader Pro Edition is the most powerful PDF Reader available for the iPad. You can easily transfer your PDF files to your iPad from your computer or directly from a website.
- Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. It makes creating a world-class presentation, complete with animated charts and transitions, as simple as touching and tapping.
- Things is a beautifully focused and amazingly intuitive task manager. Other todo applications either oversimplify or are too difficult to use.
- Bento for iPad comes with 25 ready-to-use database templates that can be easily customized to organize virtually any type of information you have. Manage contacts, track projects, plan events and so much more.
- Penultimate encourages you to take notes, keep sketches, or work through your next breakthrough idea– whether you’re in the office, on the go, or home on the couch.
- With Pages for iPad you can lay out letters, flyers, brochures, reports, and more — it’s never been easier to create great-looking documents, all with the touch of a finger.
- PaperDesk is a simple, easy-to-use notebook replacement made specifically for the iPad. The entire design goal behind PaperDesk was to mimic, as closely as possible, a simple pad of paper with no unnecessary frills.
- 3banana helps you capture notes wherever you go and make the most of them, too. Save your best ideas, the smallest details, and everything in between. Keep your notes organized by easily adding a #tag.
- Memeo Connect Reader lets you view all your Google Docs files including MS Office, Apple iWorks & PDF documents – even view photos and videos; and more.
- Sundry Notes allows you to write, draw, research, record and share! Take notes of any kind and use the built-in Evernote + Dropbox + Google Docs + Facebook integration. The ultimate multi-media note taking application.
- Iditia is a mind mapping tool – used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, decision making, and writing.
25 Social and Communications Apps for iPad
- Yahoo! Messenger app allows you to IM friends and family right from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad wherever you are.
- AIM for iPad lets you add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook friends. Get updates from Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare and more – all in one big Lifestream.
- Tencent QQ is an instant messaging tool that lets users keep in touch with friends and family, manage contact information and make new friends online.
- Facebook for iPad makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. Also compatible with iPhone, and iPod touch.
- With Skype on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, you can make and receive calls, and instant message anyone else on Skype, wherever they are in the world.
- Send and receive PICTURE and TEXT messages FREE with TextNow Free on your iPhone, iPod, and iPad!
- iCall allows you to make and receive phone calls over 3G and WiFi, even when you don’t have a cell signal. Never pay a roaming charge again!
- PingChat – instant messaging on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and soon Blackberry and Android. Now featuring group chat, message confirmation, and multimedia support for photos, videos, voice notes, contacts, and maps, all in a beautiful new UI.
- sobees lite (previously sobees for Facebook®) – a gorgeous, cutting-edge interface to enhance your Facebook experience.
- Gowalla for iPad is a remarkable way to explore the world around you. Meet up with friends, discover local hot spots and share your favorite places and events.
- Focus is a faster and better way to stay up-to-date with Facebook®. It filters out app spam so you can focus on your friends’ real posts.
- Meebo is integrated, all-in-one instant messaging that connects you with your friends everywhere.
- Truphone offers incredible savings to any mobile, local or international number, instant messaging and full Twitter functionality.
- Buzzie is the first iPhone client for Google Buzz, featuring the most polished interface for buzzing. iPad compatible.
- iGmail is a gmail client that not only launches fast, but also takes full advantage of the greatnesses of your beloved iPhone/iPod Touch, e.g. gestures like shake and pinch. iPad compatible.
- Stuck is the most exciting new platform for announcing to friends, family – or the entire world – where and why you’re stuck in real time and also see who else stuck near you or around the globe.
- Townie is an app for “The Talk of the Town” in and around Los Altos, California. Created by and for locals, Townie is the constantly-growing and changing guide to the best places, businesses, and resources in and around this Northern California town. – An app that should inspire other developers as well.
- LinkedIn puts your professional network just a touch away. Walk into any interview or client meeting with the ability to look up the details and connect with over 75 million professionals worldwide.
- Yellow Pages Has been reinvented. It auto locates where you are and gives you relevant search results based on your location.
- WRITE TO ME, a postal forwarding application, pioneering the new era of letter writing.
- CamCard is the best business card reader as it has the superior recognition quality and the fastest recognition speed with 12 languages* recognition.
- Record and playback notes, reminders, or just about anything from your iPhone’s built-in microphone. SpeakEasy gives you a recording studio that fits into your pocket.
- QuickVoice PRO is the iPhone’s/iPad’s premier recorder with SpinVox for sending TEXT EMAILS using just voice and a few touches…No Typing Required!
- FriendCaller provides free calls and instant messages to anyone else on the Internet.
- Glympse sends a link with your ongoing location to anyone via Email, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter. Best of all, the recipient doesn’t need any special software to be able to see your location.
20 Writing and Publishing apps
- It’s easy to manage your WordPress blog from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. With WordPress for iPhone OS, you can moderate comments and create or edit posts and pages. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted blog running WordPress 2.9.2 or higher.
- BlogPress is fast, easy to use, rich featured blogging App for iPhone, iPod Touch and also iPad!! Now you can write your blog or travel log on the road, share new, photos and videos with your friends in real time.
- Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
- WritePad is a unique text editing software that allows users to enter text utilizing advanced handwriting recognition software for cursive, print, or mixed handwriting styles.
- EasyWriter helps you write emails faster and more accurately using the iPhone’s wide keyboard in landscape mode. iPad compatible.
- Speller is a perfect tool to check spellings of English or Spanish words and come up with suggestions for misspelled words.
- iBlogger is compatible with nearly any blog (WordPress, ExpressionEngine, MovableType, TypePad, and many more), you can blog with Pictures, Tags, Categories, Links, and Location at the touch of a finger.
- BloggerPlus can manage multiple blogs, on various platforms, and can post multiple photos in one blog document. You can easily drag text paragraph, photos to change the layout of blog document.
- Blogium delivers easy of use and reliability while working with your Blogspot blogs without web browser, directly from your device with comfortable user interface.
- Read what you like and blog what you think. BlogWriter and RSS reader all in one app on your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad at a low price.
- Photobucket – use this app to capture all your special moments and upload directly to your Photobucket albums.
- PhotoPad is a premium photo editing app designed specifically for the iPad.
- Dictionary! is an easy to use, no fluff dictionary app for your iPhone. Helps you find words when you need to without getting in your way. iPad compatible.
- myLanguage Translator Free is a robust and comprehensive free translation solution that has a great team in place to push its production; in turn, bringing you more advanced features and functionality than the rest.
- Write a book is for those who want to use the iPad for this particular purpose. It features cover book designer, chapters management, autosave without risk of data loss and more.
- Writer’s Block Assassin is everything you need to free yourself from the pains of a bad case of writer’s block.
- Can you guess what you can do with Writing a Business Plan?
- “Writer Aid” is a first of a kind iPhone app developed to aid scriptwriters overcome the difficulties associated with crafting new and original material in an increasingly competitive market.
- With WikiTap you can type in just a few characters and you can search and find any Wikipedia topic or any English word.
- Speak it! 2, the most advanced text to speech solution in the App Store! Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you with the highest quality text to speech engine available anywhere.
Top Public Relations News:
City of Columbus Issues RFP For Marketing & Communications
Florida Tourism Industry Issues Advertising RFP
APCO Worldwide: State of the U.S. Biopharmaceutical Industry
PR News from Interpublic and PMK*BNC, Mercury, Levick, and Ruder Finn
Southlake, Texas Seeks Agency for Strategic Media Planning
New Jersey Transportation Seeking Media Agency
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Seeks Marketing Firm
Marketing RFP issued By Vermont Lottery
Microsoft Is the Most Engaging Global Property, comScore Reports
NEWS ON THE PR FRONT From 42 West, Fleishman-Hillard and More