The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is requesting proposals to sell advertising space and provide installation and maintenance services for its fleet of billboards and transit advertising assets.
The RMWB is home to over 110,000 people including 75,000 in its urban center of Fort McMurray. Sales of billboards and transit advertising assets are currently performed in-house. We are looking to outsources sales as well as installation and maintenance to a qualified proponent to reduce costs and maximize revenues. The RMWB’s fleet of billboards includes 10 double-sided structures on Highway 63 leading into and out of Fort McMurray. The RMWB’s transit advertising assets include transit busses (80 in the fleet) and bus stops (409 in Fort McMurray). Advertising assets can be reviewed at rmwb.ca/ads. The billboard at Mariana Lake is not included in the scope of this RFP. The billboards are physical structures; digital billboards are not being contemplated at this time.
Scope of Work:
The successful contractor will be responsible for:
• Selling advertising space and customer service
• Installing, maintaining and removing transit bus and transit shelter advertisements
• Installing, maintaining and removing billboard advertisements
• Providing creative solutions
• providing printing solutions
• proof of performance – ability to demonstrate to clients that their signage has been installed as per the agreement.
The successful contractor will possess the following demonstrated competencies:
• Superior Customer service track record
• Ability to sell space for national and local campaigns
• Excellent communication in working with local transit operations and government organizations
• Working knowledge of the Canadian Code of Advertising Standards.
August 23, 2019
Top Public Relations News:
Auto PR: GM, Toyota, World, Recalling All Autos
Survey: TV advertising, a steady sales driver in Germany
Government Relations RFP Issued in Colorado
iStrategy: Global Digital Media Conference
Socialkik Boosts Your Social Media Presence
QuadCo Management Solutions Issues Marketing RFP
What’s Happening at Finn Partners, DiGennaro Communications, Ketchum & Berk Communications
Communications PR for Major Entities May Need to Adjust to President-Elect Trump’s Tweeting
Bad PR: 4 of the Worst Public Relations Ideas Ever
Ronn Torossian Celebrates His Daughter’s Bat Mitzvah