San Antonio Community Seeking Public Affairs Agency
A San Antonio Community, Brooks City Base is attracting local, national and international investment to achieve world-class opportunities that transform the campus, surrounding neighborhoods and the region, while respecting our rich and vibrant history. The community’s mission is to promote and develop a vibrant, sustainable community that serves as a catalyst for progressive economic development and regional prosperity.Brooks is a dynamic San Antonio community, rich in history and strategically located where you can Live, Work, Learn & Play.
Brooks Development Authority is a redevelopment authority and political subdivision of the state of Texas, formed under Chapter 379B of the Local Government Code of the state of Texas. Brooks oversees the redevelopment of approximately 1,300 acres of land located in Bexar County, Texas within the current boundaries of the City of San Antonio. Total property owned by Brooks includes approximately 1,300 acres. Brooks’ mission is to promote and develop a vibrant, sustainable community that serves as a catalyst for progressive economic development and regional prosperity.
Brooks is releasing this Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit responses from a qualified consultant(s) to engage the services of a public affairs, marketing, advertising and special events firm(s) to assist with the development and implementation of a strategic outreach plan to promote Brooks as a premiere location for future development at the local, statewide, national and international levels. The firm(s) will work in conjunction with Brooks’ staff record to support the implementation of the plan.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Relevant Experience & Special Expertise (10 Points)
- Provide and describe agency/agencies overview and capabilities, evidence of results and success stories for the past three years, and how those may applicable to the Brooks brand.
- Public Affairs – Internal/External Communications (20 Points)
- Planning & Research (12 Points)
- Enhance the current branding of Brooks as a mixed-use community and destination to include, but not limited to, big and fantastic goals, methods and strategies to target a local, regional, national, and international audience of Young Professionals (ages 25-34 with $50K+ HH Income) and Business Decision Makers (ages 35-64 with $125K+ Income).
- Regularly perform a competitive analysis and organizational assessment to measure the effectiveness of the Brooks brand awareness, image, messaging, emotional benefits, and lifestyle tie
- Provide a strategic long & short-term plan to include, but not limited to, the current “It’s Time” campaign and it’s necessary evolution, key messages, strategies tactics, timelines and deliverables
- Develop ongoing internal/external communications and public relations plans to include, but not limited to, media relations and publicity, public relations event initiatives, speaking engagements/conference, and op-eds.
- Crisis Management (4 Points)
- Provide necessary consulting from the Highest-Ranked Senior Executive as matters may arise and/or require discussion/advice. Topics may include, but not limited to, personnel, political, media and/or tenant relations subjects
- Government Relations (4 Points)
- Provide necessary consulting from the Highest-Ranked Senior Executive with communication associated with government relations initiatives (Lobbyists)
- Marketing (15 Points)
- Paid Media Plan (5 Points)
- Develop, manage and execute a strategic campaign paid media plan to heighten the Brooks brand locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, targeting Young professionals and Business Decision Makers
- Creative Design (5 Points)
- Provide regular creative design deliverables to include, but not limited to:
- Corporate Identity Packages (Print & Digital)
- Newsletters, magazines, brochures, maps (print & digital)
- Ads and direct marketing materials to enhance the Brooks brand
- Event flyers and supporting marketing materials
- Video Production (Shooting/Editing)
- 3D Print & Video Production
- Interactive and Social Media Communications (5 Points)
- Develop, manage and execute a plan enhancing interactive and social media communications to include, but not limited to:
- Website design and development
- E-newsletters and database marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Social networks
- Online marketing
- Multimedia presentation
- Search engine optimization
- Special Events (10 Points)
- Develop, manage and execute a strategic master event timeline/calendar for four event venues (Embassy Suites Hotel, Hangar 9, The Greenline and Brooks Chapel) targeting the Brooks audience
- Develop, manage and execute a detailed master event logistical plan; to include a suggested list of resources and vendors
- Promote events by working with Brooks staff and/or additional entities to include, but not limited to, paid media social media, community outreach, and/or public relations efforts
- Each event should be consistent with the overall design, look and feel by working with Brooks’ staff and/or additional entities.
- Create a suggested and estimated monthly budget per strategic master event timeline
- Send an event recap/evaluation after each event, to include, but not limited to suggestion(s) for event improvements
- Assist Brooks staff with at least two events per month; subject to change
- Planning and execution, on-time and on-budget
- Assign tasks to volunteers, as directed; provide a pipeline of event staff, labor, and additional manpower, as necessary.
- Take responsibility, coordinate, direct and manage staffing, volunteer teams and /or additional manpower for necessary pre-event, on-site setup and cleanup, and additional tasks, as required.
- Engage and manage relationships with appropriate vendors
- Attend Brooks Board and Committee meetings, as needed.
- Key Personnel (10 Points)
- Provide an organization chart, including subcontractors, if applicable
- Describe the team members to be assigned to the Brooks account, and their relevant experience, as applicable to this contract.
- Describe the role(s) of each team member to include, but not limited to, their weekly time allocation in reference to the public affairs, marketing and/or special events aspects of this RFP.
Proposal due by Monday, April 24, 2017 to:
Brooks Proposal #03152017-003
Attn: Procurement & SBEDA Manager
3201 Sidney Brooks San Antonio, Texas 78235
Allison Partners & Edelman maintain offices in Texas.