The San Antonio Economic Development Foundation has issued a marketing and communications RFP. The San Antonio Economic Development Foundation (SAEDF) is a private, nonprofit organization (501c6) that assists business and industry relocating or expanding into the San Antonio area. Since 1975, SAEDF has been directly responsible for bringing more than 450 companies to the city and creating more than 110,000 jobs for San Antonians. The mission of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation is to lead the development and diversification of the San Antonio regional economy through the recruitment and expansion of quality employers and job producing investments.
SAEDF also oversees the SA Works program, an industry led coalition assembled to develop a comprehensive human capital strategy to fill the city and county’s most pressing talent needs. The intent of the program is to expose students to multiple career pathways and options throughout their educational experience and to grow and enhance the existing career and technical education programs currently in place throughout the community to meet specific high-skill workforce needs.
SAEDF is interested in retaining an agency who will design, develop and implement strategic advertising and public relations campaigns that, in collaboration with SAEDF will:
- Promote awareness of SAEDF and SA Works programs throughout the San Antonio metro area which includes:
- Community outreach
- Communications campaigns
- Identification of key target audiences and tactics for each
- Increase San Antonio’s profile/brand awareness to position San Antonio as a prime location for relocation and expansion in key target industries.
- Increase local awareness of the SAEDF-led Business Retention & Expansion (BRE) Program.
- Increase SAEDF membership and SA Works supporters.
- Support a comprehensive brand strategy for SA Works program across key stakeholders including employers, school administrators and youth.
- Support SAEDF website maintenance and enhance/re-design SA Works website.
Scope of Work (SOW)
The selected Firm(s) will be expected to service the marketing (advertising, public relations, etc.) needs of the SAEDF & SA Works. The list below includes a sample of the required services:
- Strategic research and plan development for various programs/services.
- Create coordinated advertising campaigns (print, broadcast, digital, online, email, etc.) to include written plan, including objectives, audience description, strategies, tactics and budgets.
- Creative strategy and design (collaterals, reports, advertising and visual display, broadcast or social media materials).
- Concept development, including quality graphic design.
- Develop original copy (text), copywriting and editing. This may also include Spanish marketing collateral
- Media planning & buying: media negotiations, client meetings, phone calls and correspondence related to specific media plans/buys.
- Strategic planning.
- Build messaging that can be used in various channels including earned media, social media and paid traditional media to geo-target key audiences through timely/relevant channels to drive awareness, create an emotional connection and educate on key actions, and drive traffic to the website.
- Create messaging to drive interaction and build excitement through sharing relevant content and providing opportunities to interact with the programs/services.
- Develop a concrete social media strategy using tools like: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Develop and pitch storylines and press releases, fact sheets and industry highlights to the media; coordinate media interviews & press conferences.
- Identify and submit SAEDF & SA Works, its board of directors and/or clients for industry award opportunities.
- Support communication efforts (i.e. blog posts, monthly eNewsletters, etc.) as needed.
- Develop and maintain targeted media lists (local, trade, national and international).
- Maintain SAEDF database for city, state, local colleges & universities and local businesses rankings.
- Strengthen relationships with community partners.
- Share the SA Works Program’s goals, aspirations and available programs.
- Propose and develop database of users and providers for the public relations campaign.
Website development and maintenance:
- Maintain website for SAEDF to include enhancements and modifications.
- Rebuild and redesign the exiting SA Works website to be engaging and unique, allow for more robust data analytics, and matching capabilities.
- Provide site log reports to help measure and understand visitor behavior in order to improve web site performance and availability; including:
- Web traffic analysis
- Path analysis
- Visitor trends
- Page views
Account Management & Reporting:
- Meet with SAEDF & SA Works staff as needed for the purposes of carrying out initiatives.
- Maintain internal procedures that ensure budget control, prompt billing and quality control, including but not limited to auditing invoices for space, time, preparation and services.
- Prepare cost schedules and project sheets for advertising expenditures and other related costs and secure SAEDF’s approval of all expenditures with regard to authorized advertising by submitting preproduction estimates.
- Assign and aid in the prosecution, application, registration, and defense of all applicable intellectual property.
- Provide weekly status reports, or as otherwise requested, to the SAEDF updating the progress of all projects.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual performance cost analysis for investment.
- Develop analytical data reports and KPI’s in collaboration with SAEDF and SA Works leadership to measure overall effectiveness and performance, and provide detailed reports monthly.
Proposal due by February 3, 2017 to:
San Antonio Economic Development Foundation (SAEDF)
602 E. Commerce St.
San Antonio, TX 78205
Top Public Relations News:
Child Care Aware of Washington Seeks Digital PR Firm
Money and Lack of Understanding: Main Causes of Poor Online Measurement
Fake Beauty, PR Boost for Plastic Surgery – Miss Plastic Hungary
5 Tips for Creating Eye Catching Content
FTC Settles Complaint Against PR Firm for Using Fake Testimonials
Board of Water and Light Issues Marketing RFP
Q & A With Jennifer Risi, Founder and President of The Sway Effect.
Yahoo! Goes Beyond Gold with London Coverage on Yahoo! Sports
Chocolate wars Create Rage on two Continents
A PR Lesson from Rihanna