The County of San Bernardino, Economic Development Agency (EDA) and Workforce Development Department (WDD) (collectively, County), are each seeking Proposals from interested and qualified Proposers to provide Professional Communications and, Marketing and Media Relations Services (Services) specific to the County’s programs under the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) and economic development activities.
Scope of Work:
The Economic Development Agency and Workforce Development Agency are seeking proposals from interested and qualified professional communications firms have the experience to provide the County with the following services:
Comprehensive Strategy Development:
• Assist the County with developing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated communications, public relations and marketing strategy. This includes but is not
• Recommend and provide key performance metrics.
• Assist the County with industry and market analysis as determined by staff. Workplan for public relations will be further determined as mutually agreed upon.
Key Market Messaging Development:
• Assist the County with message to key industries for key initiatives/ programs and content development.
• Align messaging channels and tactics.
• Assist the County with developing messaging to include but not limited to various events, conferences, and speaking opportunities.
• Develop a base of media materials and maps of the region to be used in
• Promote the County’s leadership and integral relationship to the success of the greater SoCal region.
• Promote national successes of department programs (i.e. Workforce.)
• Position the County’s leadership and key staff as thought leaders in the industry.
Top Tier Media Program:
• Develop a core list of media and publication that reflect best practices across industry sectors and in turn, develop an outreach strategy to include but not limited to: media tours, desk-side meetings, and conference/trade show briefings.
Proactive Information/Success Story Gathering:
• Collaborate with partners that may include but not limited to industry influencers such as brokers, business leaders, economists to gather positive news of the region for distribution in email format, use online, social media, print and electronic media as well as guided development as it relates to speaking points and strategic positioning.
Proactive Media Relations Strategy:
• Leverage the success of the County’s private sector and promote growth, relocation, retention, expansion and development, where possible.
• Use announcements as endorsements of the County and its value proposition. Promote successful programs and strategies of the Economic Development Agency, especially as they support business growth –provide case studies, examples,
• Encourage a regular and ongoing news effort; releases should be used on the web, through social media, in press and as part of marketing efforts/ packages (ongoing media pitching).
Proactive Social Media Relations Content Calendar:
• Develop and implement social media content calendar to include but not limited to: blog content, social media postings, publications etc.
• Newsletter, website, creative assets, case study, white paper and video production.
• Develop a proactive strategy to position County Economic Development Agency leadership at key events, conferences, and trade groups where we can
Monthly Outgoing Executive / Media / Influencer Briefing:
• Develop an e- news platform to promote the County and successes; leverage ability to gather data.
• Focus on promotion of possible news coverage where the County can gather and package data i.e. success of key industry areas and marketplace strengths
Co-brand with local media channel:
• Develop on-going content to include but not limited
• Leverage planned regional coverage in key media where we can place County thought leaders, executives, and/or key staff.
• Seek out stories to pitch the County and work to set up interviews.
• Work with the County to develop a short list of influencers in order to arrange meetings with the County where there are mutual goals and aid in coordination, preparation, and follow up. This could include but not limited to brokers, economists, and business associations, on a local, regional and national level, among others.
Event Planning and Support
• Work with the County team to research, strategize and plan for a high level “global” event that embraces the regional strengths and engages an appropriate high–level organization, partner, and/or other to aid in delivering a strong proactive investment message. Scope of Services will be defined further as the event is determined.
General Event Support:
• Where needed and appropriate, will provide but not limited to general marketing and media relations support to County and or partner events involving the Economic Development Agency.
• Work with the County to leverage planned attendance at conferences as well as recommend events, associations, meetings and conferences where the County can
• Work with the County to develop positioning themes that proactively promote the County’s goals. These themes are to be carried out in advertising, collateral,
• Work with the County to develop an advertising plan for the agency. This
• Determine campaign performance metrics.
• Develop a core electronic presentation package for all site selection inquiries and to support brokers, site selectors
• Develop a comprehensive schedule and template(s) of program/activity updates of core industry areas and campaigns as determined by the team (i.e. monthly newsletters, industry program updates etc.). This can be an electronic outreach and/or printed for one-to-one meetings and events as needed.
Work with the County to develop appropriate reporting and measurement matrixes as required and or requested.
1. The overarching goal and objective of the outlined services
a. The firm or company should have experience in working with government entities and knowledge of what workforce and economic development is on a high level.
b. Performance standards or measures:
Provide measurement of the program in the form of:
• Advertising equivalency
• Lead development / generation
• Total media impressions
• Video views
• Time on website
• Unique website visitors
• Bounce rate
• Social media engagement including tracking of metrics and providing analysis
• Content downloads
• Event and program success / attendance
• Creation of core collateral and web-based information
• Development and placement of media messages
• Market/Business Activity (such as: attraction, retention, expansion, contractions, and investment)
c. Workplan deliverables:
i. Specific workplan will be further determined as mutually agreed upon.
March 15th, 2019.
San Bernardino County
Economic Development Department
Attn: Monique Carter
385 N. Arrowhead Ave, 3rd Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Top Public Relations News:
Saint Paul Public Schools Issues Marketing and Communications RFP
U.S. Automakers Consider Options if China Tightens Regulations
Why Media Impressions Matter So Much
Fake Cancer Charity Closes its Doors
SUNY Alfred State College Issues Marketing RFP
Golden Shovel Ceremony for New Wellness Center of Yoga Sciences: Celebrates the First Official International Yoga Day
PR Happenings at JConnelly, 5WPR, Jared and Ivanka’s PR, and Weber Shandwick
Hobby Lobby Fined for Illegal Smuggling
Starting A Business During The Pandemic