The purpose of this agreement is to provide marketing, advertising and public relations services to generate publicity and ticket sales for upcoming Hammer Presents programs and another select program, as determined.
San Jose State University (SJSU) provides a comprehensive university education, granting bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 134 areas of study. One of the 200 top research universities in the nation, SJSU offers rigorous coursework and research opportunities to more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students in seven colleges. Detailed information about SJSU can be found at http://www.sjsu.edu/about_sjsu/facts_and_figures/. San Jose State University occupies 55 buildings on (3) main campuses, the 88-acre main campus, the 62-acre south campus all in downtown San Jose and 21 acres at Moss Landing Marine Laboratory in Monterey County.
Scope of Work:
Arts at San José State University, programs nationally and internationally recognized professional artists and performances, consistent with its mission of serving the community through high-quality programming expressive of the unique characteristics and diverse cultures that comprise the greater Silicon Valley
The Hammer Theatre Center seeks an agency (“Agency”) to provide marketing, advertising and public relations services (“Services”) to generate publicity and ticket sales for upcoming Hammer Presents programs (and other select programs, as determined). Agency will provide the Services based upon each theatre “season” (i.e., fall, winter, spring and summer, if applicable).
For the purposes of this Scope of Work, the Services are targeted for events from
November 1, 2019 through May 30, 2020.
The list of events to be covered by this Scope of Work are listed in Exhibit F.
• Agency shall prepare a detailed advertising and marketing plan in conformance with Client’s established budget and objective for each event listed in Exhibit F.
• Agency will make effort to further Client’s best interest in the design and placement of such ads and materials.
• Agency will exercise its best efforts to obtain advertising space and/or time from various media at the lowest possible costs and negotiate additional free advertising in sponsorships and trade agreements.
• Agency will create materials, based on Client-provided or approved imagery and copy, and Client will approve all materials before they are implemented.
• Agency will inspect all advertising placed for Client, to confirm it has been properly executed and maintained.
• Agency will pay all bills incurred for such advertising to the extent the Client has paid agency for placement thereof.
• Agency will retain standard agency commission (to be stated on BID SHEET, Section 5, number 2) on gross total of all advertising placed.
• Agency will negotiate trades and promotions with media where possible; no commission will be retained for free promotional advertising attained from any media.
• Agency will create press releases, obtain approvals, and disseminate written materials, photos, video, and audio to appropriate media for coverage, news highlights, and appearances in radio and television programs.
• Agency will make best efforts to obtain coverage of Client events by the media, including but not limited to print, online, radio and television. Coverage in advance of an event is strongly preferred over coverage on the day of or after an event.
• Agency will schedule in advance telephone and in-person interviews with Bay Area, and, where possible, national media.
• Agency will regularly provide progress updates to Client, and forward copies of articles or electronic links for coverage obtained.
Agency shall provide a set monthly cost (fee) for Services, based upon each theatre “season” (i.e., fall, winter, spring and summer, if applicable,), Breaking out proposed hours and hourly rate.
• Advertising/Marketing budget shall be approved by Client, based upon each theatre season. The client will give prior approval in writing, via email or letter, of an advertising program that includes an authorized budget. Approval will give Agency full permission to execute such an advertising plan, creating and placing advertising on behalf of the client. The authorized budget may be modified only by mutual agreement in writing by client and agency. An agency shall break out ad placement costs separately from ad creation costs.
• By execution of the agreement, the Client accepts financial liability for all advertising it authorizes Agency to place under the approved advertising plan.
October 1, 2019
Attn: Karen McCall, SOMA Attn: Karen McCall, SOMA
San Jose State University San Jose State University
Contracts & Purchasing Services Contracts & Purchasing Services
60 South Market Street, Suite 470 60 South Market Street, Suite 470
San Jose, CA 95113
Top Public Relations News:
The Journey of Business: International Direct Mail Campaign
NC STATE UNIVERSITY Seeks Media and Marketing Agency
Ironman CEO PR Challengers: Aaron Kwittken & Peter Shankman
Who Is Best Social Media Firm For Education Non-Profit? – SEMI Foundation RFP
Strong Brand Values: Why They Matter
FTC Updates Guidelines for Blogger Product Endorsements
Get Control of Your Time, Because You Don’t Have All Day
Lynch Archer PR: Unique IndieGoGo Campaign Set to Fund New Multicultural Division
MARKETING RFP ISSUED BY STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA
Top 6 PR Recruiters: Best Headhunters for a Public Relations Career