The purpose of this agreement is to provide marketing, advertising and public relations services to generate publicity and ticket sales for upcoming Hammer Presents programs and another select program, as determined.
San Jose State University (SJSU) provides a comprehensive university education, granting bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 134 areas of study. One of the 200 top research universities in the nation, SJSU offers rigorous coursework and research opportunities to more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students in seven colleges. Detailed information about SJSU can be found at http://www.sjsu.edu/about_sjsu/facts_and_figures/. San Jose State University occupies 55 buildings on (3) main campuses, the 88-acre main campus, the 62-acre south campus all in downtown San Jose and 21 acres at Moss Landing Marine Laboratory in Monterey County.
Scope of Work:
Arts at San José State University, programs nationally and
internationally recognized professional artists and performances, consistent
with its mission of serving the community through high-quality programming
expressive of the unique characteristics and diverse cultures that comprise the
greater Silicon Valley
The Hammer Theatre Center seeks an agency (“Agency”) to
provide marketing, advertising and public relations services (“Services”) to
generate publicity and ticket sales for upcoming Hammer Presents programs (and
other select programs, as determined). Agency will provide the Services based
upon each theatre “season” (i.e., fall, winter, spring and summer, if
For the purposes of this Scope of Work, the Services are
targeted for events from
November 1, 2019 through May 30, 2020.
The list of events to be covered by this Scope of Work are
listed in Exhibit F.
• Agency shall prepare a detailed advertising and marketing plan in conformance
with Client’s established budget and objective for each event listed in
• Agency will make effort to further Client’s best interest in the design and
placement of such ads and materials.
• Agency will exercise its best efforts to obtain advertising space and/or time from various media at the lowest possible costs and negotiate additional free advertising in sponsorships and trade agreements.
• Agency will create materials, based on Client-provided or approved imagery
and copy, and Client will approve all materials before
they are implemented.
• Agency will inspect all advertising placed for Client, to confirm it has been
properly executed and maintained.
• Agency will pay all bills incurred for such advertising to the extent the
Client has paid agency for placement thereof.
• Agency will retain standard agency commission (to be stated on BID SHEET, Section 5, number 2) on gross total of all advertising placed.
• Agency will negotiate trades and promotions with media where possible; no
commission will be retained for free promotional advertising attained from any
• Agency will create press releases, obtain approvals, and disseminate written materials, photos, video, and audio to appropriate media for coverage, news highlights, and appearances in radio and television programs.
• Agency will make best efforts to obtain coverage of Client events by the media, including but not limited to print, online, radio and television. Coverage in advance of an event is strongly preferred over coverage on the day of or after an event.
• Agency will schedule in advance telephone and in-person interviews with Bay
Area, and, where possible, national
• Agency will regularly provide progress updates to Client, and forward copies of articles or electronic links for coverage obtained.
Agency shall provide a set monthly cost (fee) for Services,
based upon each theatre “season” (i.e., fall, winter, spring and summer, if
applicable,), Breaking out proposed hours and hourly rate.
• Advertising/Marketing budget shall be approved by Client, based upon each theatre season. The client will give prior approval in writing, via email or letter, of an advertising program that includes an authorized budget. Approval will give Agency full permission to execute such an advertising plan, creating and placing advertising on behalf of the client. The authorized budget may be modified only by mutual agreement in writing by client and agency. An agency shall break out ad placement costs separately from ad creation costs.
• By execution of the agreement, the Client accepts financial liability for all advertising it authorizes Agency to place under the approved advertising plan.
October 1, 2019
Attn: Karen McCall, SOMA Attn: Karen McCall, SOMA
San Jose State University San Jose State University