SFRTA is seeking a qualified firm to provide public relations, public information, marketing, and advertising services.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
South Florida, comprised of Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties, is the fifth largest urbanized area in the United States with more than five million residents. Within the next 20 years, South Florida’s population is expected to grow by nearly three million people. As one of the fastest growing regions in the nation, South Florida faces the challenge of how to maintain the region’s economic competitiveness, while continuing to offer a high quality of life. Key to the region’s economic vitality and quality of life is a robust multimodal transportation system that provides mobility for existing and future residents and visitors, alike. Our existing regional road system is reaching capacity with few opportunities for further expansion, while the prices of housing and gasoline continue to soar. South Florida needs a regional transportation system now more than ever!
With the creation of the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA) on July 1, 2003, South Florida’s three counties began efforts to work together to ensure a viable regional transportation system. The SFRTA, with cooperation from our transportation partners, works diligently to plan, develop, fund and operate a seamless, safe and efficient regional transportation system. A regional transportation system in South Florida will ensure mobility, advance sustainable growth and improve the quality of life for our current and future residents.
To meet public demand, the SFRTA is strategically planning for several needed transit projects to provide for the future regional mobility needs of South Florida’s resident and visitors. These projects will allow people to rely on transit and enjoy the benefits of avoiding our increasingly congested highways, while saving money on gas, as well as on auto insurance and maintenance. These projects complement existing and planned transit service by transportation partners, and will provide the backbone of an expanded regional transportation system that may include light rail, busways, streetcars and rapid bus transit, as well as others. The current projects include: encouraging, Regional Transit Oriented Development, Tri-Rail Coastal Link and Tri-Rail Station Improvements.
Scope of Work:
The major objective of the Scope of Services is to obtain a full service, experienced and versatile public relations and marketing resource that demonstrates competence in many areas and can perform a broad range of tasks with creativity, efficiency and accuracy. The Contractor’s services may consist of the following:
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND MARKETING
- Develop a well-structured community outreach and marketing plan to increase SFRTA’s visibility and ridership and to enhance its image through community outreach and marketing strategies that promote awareness of the benefits of using its commuter rail service and how, using empirical data, the service promotes a more livable and sustainable South Florida community, economy and environment. The plan should clearly describe how ridership will increase. The plan should include an implementation strategy (incorporating a budget) for achieving higher ridership. It also should include a method for evaluating, over time, increased visibility and reinforced awareness of SFRTA’s Tri-Rail service through measurable results.
- Identify potential customers and present a menu of communication strategies to reach them.
- Develop and produce image-building programs and create a consistent and appropriate identity or “look” for SFRTA and Tri-Rail; elevate profile of SFRTA locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Facilitate promotional partnerships with community organizations/events and corporations; research and acquire sponsorship opportunities and assist in forming coalitions with corporate entities to obtain measurable results for SFRTA.
- Organize a wide range of special events and promotional campaigns and educational programs for selected targeted audiences to increase visibility and ridership.
- Develop highly visible publicity campaigns promoting train safety.
- Create strategies for growth and help set annual marketing goals that are compatible with organizational objectives; plan, shape and continually foster consistent community image.
- Provide website and social media development and adaptation as needed.
- Develop concepts that promote regionalism.
- Develop, design and produce a wide range of materials such as media kits, trade show materials, annual reports, brochures, media releases, and newsletters as needed. Manage production of collateral materials, including design, print, and delivery.
- Write articles and arrange for publication in appropriate media; develop news stories, feature stories, profile pieces, editorial responses, and speaking points.
- Set up and stage press conferences, publicity tours, editorial board meetings and interviews.
- Prepare presentations and speeches for SFRTA staff and Board members.
- Provide media training for crisis management, spokesperson training and ongoing interview preparation.
- Create radio, television, outdoor, print, point-of-purchase and direct response advertising; handle all aspects of campaign planning and production, including but not limited to, creative direction, copy development, design of artwork, layout, photography, securing talent, coordinating production schedules, editing, selection of music/jingle, and traffic instructions.
- Develop advertising campaigns and media buy schedules incorporating print, radio, television, and outdoor advertising as appropriate; this work includes budgeting, negotiating and placing buys based on commission-free rates, compiling buy sheets, following up with media outlets, reviewing and reconciling all invoices for payment. Contractor will be responsible for all aspects of advertising; including creation, production, and placement.
April 30th, 2019.
Mr. Robert Becker, CPPB
South Florida Regional Transportation Authority
801 N.W. 33 Street
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
Agencies worth considering include Florida based Zimmerman PR.