Thunder Bay International Baseball Association Is Looking For A Marketing Agency
The Thunder Bay International Baseball Association (TBIBA) is a not-for-profit organization seeking a marketing & advertising agency for the 2017 WBSC U-18 Baseball World cup. The organizations primary objective is to bid for and host national and international baseball events and enhance the sport within the community and region.
In 2004 the organization hosted the 2004 Baseball Canada Cup, a junior competition that involved players 18 years of age and younger from all over Canada. In 2010 TBIBA hosted the U-18 World Junior Championships with great success. Building upon that success, TBIBA has successfully won the bid to host the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup in September of 2017.
- To enhance the baseball environment in Thunder Bay.
- To develop a skilled and loyal volunteer base by dutifully training and preparing.
- To manage the event in a fiscally responsible manner.
- To solidify Thunder Bay’s “Sports Central” reputation as a world-class host for international Championships.
- To create a legacy of an active and healthy community.
The successful bidder will have the following capabilities:
- Experience marketing successfully in relation to sport and/or tourism related events and activities.
- Experience in market research and the development of impactful marketing strategies and campaigns including website design and social/digital media.
- Ability to develop and implement visitation/participation/attendance strategies.
- Evidence of the ability to achieve project goals within the targeted timeframe. (project management)
- Experience in accurately costing the products and services to be delivered as outlined.
- Previous experience partnering and developing sponsorship agreements with northern Ontario firms.
The U-18 Baseball World Cup Committee is seeking a firm that can:
- Conduct market research as required.
- Develop a branding strategy for the event.
- Develop marketing strategies based on market research and brand.
- Develop effective media relations/marketing campaigns targeting spectators, visitors, players and families etc. and raising awareness of the event using a mix of traditional and non-traditional media.
- Translate key materials as required.
Approximate budget is $125,000.00 to $150,000.00.
The objective is to create and support a branding strategy for the successful promotion of the event including awareness, attendance and satisfaction.
- Design and develop a logo, watermark, slogans and positioning statements, concept for website and applications, colour scheme and accents in a high resolution digital format with appropriate standards of use guidelines. This development and use may be restricted based on branding requirements from the parent organization.
- Design and develop a marketing campaign to promote the event. The marketing material developed should target appropriate demographics and sell the event to all audiences.
Proposal due by June 30, 2016 to:
City of Thunder Bay Supply Management
Victoriaville Civic Centre (main floor)
111 Syndicate Avenue South Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S4