UMass Lowell seeks to engage a highly qualified firm to assist with a market research project throughout the 2019-20 school year.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is located in the historic industrial city of Lowell, 25 miles northwest of Boston; the campus spans more than 125 acres along the Merrimack River. More than 17,000 resident and commuter students of all backgrounds pursue bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees as well as professional certificates in the arts, humanities, and sciences; education; engineering; health and environment; and management. The University is a nationally ranked research university and has a faculty that continually generates new ideas. Nearly 68 percent of our funding is received from federal agencies and the rest primarily from the industry.
Scope of Work:
The vendor will be expected to provide a range of professional services under the broad umbrella of
market research and analysis. These will include, at a minimum:
– Professional counsel and advice at all stages of the project.
– Methodologically sound data collection using the technique best suited for the task, up to and including surveys, focus groups, one-on-one interviews, case studies, and “secret shopping” of competitors.
– Comprehensive data analysis.
– Statistical comparison, to the extent possible, with 2010-11 and 2014-15 findings.
– Overall interpretation of findings and recommended actions.
- “Perceptions” reports for each of the following audiences:
- In-state prospective undergraduate students
- Out-of-state prospective undergraduate students
- Prospective graduate students
- Parents of prospective students
- High school guidance counselors
- Community college counselors
- Currently enrolled students
- Massachusetts employers
- A competitive audit of 5-8 peer/competitor institutions and 3 aspirant institutions
- A report comparing present results with the 2010-2011 and 2014-15 market research, tracking progression or regression across key metrics
- The creation of a set of data-backed personas in order to aid messaging and journey building among members of the undergraduate prospect pool
- Brand health audit of UMass Lowell and recommendations for future brand building.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019