Website RFP Issued By City of Indio
The City of Indio is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide professional/technical website design, development, implementation, and hosting and support capabilities services for the City’s new website project.
The City of Indio Office of the City Manager seeks the services of a highly-qualified vendor with expert professional/technical website design, development, implementation, hosting and support capabilities. The vision for the City of Indio website is to serve as a platform for tourist, business and civic engagement providing high quality online services and enhanced information sharing to bring our community together and increase civic participation. The goals of the City of Indio Website Redesign project are to:
• Satisfy the requirement for public outreach, community engagement and social media;
• Redesign the City website to make it easier for the community to easily and intuitively locate desired information and services;
• Augment and enhance the way the City does business with its constituents by enhancing service delivery through cost-effective and convenient digital services accessible anywhere at any time;
• Enhance greater transparency and citizen relations, while protecting the privacy of citizen information; and,
• Engage the Indio community and facilitate citizen feedback.
Incorporated in 1930, the City of Indio operates under a Council – Manager form of government with a workforce of approximately 250 full-time and part-time employees combined. Boasting a population of approximately 90,000 residents, it is the largest city in Coachella Valley. Indio is a full-service city, with its own Police department, municipal water agency, and an extensive public park system, and is known as the City of Festivals for the multitude of music and community festivals and programs held in the City throughout the year. The City of Indio Information Technology Department (ITD) supports all City departments across five locations connected by licensed microwave radios. In addition to the network, software, server, and desktop support, the ITD includes a Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) division. The ITD is staffed by eight (8) full time positions: a GIS Coordinator, three (3) Information Technology Technicians, an Information Business Analyst, a Network Administrator, a Data and Systems Manager, and a Director of Information Technology. Currently, the City utilizes Civica CMS and web hosting which was originally implemented in 2016 and is scheduled for end of support as of 12/31/2021. The City’s website houses two
Scope of Work:
In March of 2021, a website assessment report was delivered to the City by ThirdWave Corp. The website assessment includes: 1. Website analytics analysis 2. Website benchmarking 3. Staff focus group reports 4. Staff and Community survey results The full Website Assessment Report is attached as Exhibit
D. An output of the website assessment performed by the City’s IT Department.
The requirements were developed in cooperation with website users and stakeholders. The Website Functional/Non-functional Requirements are attached as Exhibit E.
The selected vendor shall provide the following:
1. Professional website design, development and implementation services
2. Website content management software and content migration
3. Website hosting
4. Test plan and support
6. Ongoing technical support
Ian Cozens CGCIO Director of IT City of Indio 100 Civic Center Mall Indio, California 92201
Agencies to consider include Rubenstein PR and Ruder Finn.