Wichita State University Seeks Brand Strategy-Strategic Communications and Marketing Firm
Wichita State University seeks a strategic communications firm, with a successful record of working with public research universities, to help build/expand the university’s brand recognition and reputation.
Wichita State University seeks a strategic communications firm with proven experience in public research higher education to:
• Build university reputation as a national brand by placing earned media in national publications.
• Increase national profile of university as leader in innovation by placing earned media in national publications and rankings specific to innovation.
• Identify conference/event/program opportunities (speaker/presenter, expert, thought leader, etc.) where university and/or individuals could be highlighted.
• Serve as consultants in strategic communications planning and implementation.
• Work closely with the university communications staff and leadership to define and refine university’s points of distinction.
• Provide insight for messaging that focuses on and around the university’s core values and points of distinction.
• Close collaboration expected/selected vendors.
Scope of Work:
TASK LIST Includes but is not limited to:
• Research and recommend earned media opportunities in national publications.
• Determine and develop communication platforms/opportunities for president.
• Recommend and pitch story ideas.
• Provide media monitoring services including in-depth performance analytics.
• Produce monthly detailed report of media mentions – value, impact and measurement.
o Provide example of a Good, Better, Best monthly spend and deliverables for each level.
• Strategize value and impact of measuring what matters.
• Assist university team to identify, present and report on key performance indicators and other data points/analytics.
• Provide access to new distribution lists for president and industry newsletters.
• Understand relationship with third party service vendors and how that relationship can be leveraged.
• Assist with crisis/issue management as needed.
• Host regularly scheduled check-in/status report calls.
• Collaborate with university team to set, advise and recommend strategy and tactics to reach university goals and objectives.
• Provide resources/products to keep on top of trends, industry standards and best practices.
• Develop annual communication and marketing plan
• November 2020 – June 30, 2021
• Work will take place remotely, in-person, on-campus. Frequency to be determined.
• Regularly scheduled reporting/update/check-in meetings
Lisa Nettleton Telephone: 316-978-3783 E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 316-978-3783 Facsimile: 316-978-3582 E-mail Address: email@example.com Wichita State University Office of Purchasing 1845 Fairmount, Campus Box 12 Wichita, KS 67260-0012