Wichita State University seeks a strategic communications firm, with a successful record of working with public research universities, to help build/expand the university’s brand recognition and reputation.
Wichita State University seeks a strategic communications firm with proven experience in public research higher education to:
• Build university reputation as a national brand by placing earned media in national publications.
• Increase national profile of university as leader in innovation by placing earned media in national publications and rankings specific to innovation.
• Identify conference/event/program opportunities (speaker/presenter, expert, thought leader, etc.) where university and/or individuals could be highlighted.
• Serve as consultants in strategic communications planning and implementation.
• Work closely with the university communications staff and leadership to define and refine university’s points of distinction.
• Provide insight for messaging that focuses on and around the university’s core values and points of distinction.
• Close collaboration expected/selected vendors.
Scope of Work:
TASK LIST Includes but is not limited to:
• Research and recommend earned media opportunities in national publications.
• Determine and develop communication platforms/opportunities for president.
• Recommend and pitch story ideas.
• Provide media monitoring services including in-depth performance analytics.
• Produce monthly detailed report of media mentions – value, impact and measurement.
o Provide example of a Good, Better, Best monthly spend and deliverables for each level.
• Strategize value and impact of measuring what matters.
• Assist university team to identify, present and report on key performance indicators and other data points/analytics.
• Provide access to new distribution lists for president and industry newsletters.
• Understand relationship with third party service vendors and how that relationship can be leveraged.
• Assist with crisis/issue management as needed.
• Host regularly scheduled check-in/status report calls.
• Collaborate with university team to set, advise and recommend strategy and tactics to reach university goals and objectives.
• Provide resources/products to keep on top of trends, industry standards and best practices.
• Develop annual communication and marketing plan
• November 2020 – June 30, 2021
• Work will take place remotely, in-person, on-campus. Frequency to be determined.
• Regularly scheduled reporting/update/check-in meetings
Lisa Nettleton Telephone: 316-978-3783 E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 316-978-3783 Facsimile: 316-978-3582 E-mail Address: email@example.com Wichita State University Office of Purchasing 1845 Fairmount, Campus Box 12 Wichita, KS 67260-0012
Top Public Relations News:
Diamonds International Beware: More Rough than Diamond
Are Your Titles Twitter Optimized?
TOWN OF BETHLEHEM ISSUES COMMUNITY BRANDING, MARKETING RFP
Bristol University Supports Belle de Jour
Marketing RFP Issued By CDC Foundation
City of Albuquerque Issues Digital RFP
Netflix Apologizes, Announces DVD Service Name Change
Hawaii Department of Agriculture Issues Media RFP
Hollywood, Clooney, and Coen Bros Face Diversity PR Controversy
Advertising RFP Issued By New Jersey