A long tradition at Everything PR, the Top 100 returns today with a list you requested many times in emails and comments. The Top 50 iPhone Apps for PR Pros gives you easy access to some of the best tools in the industry to manage PR campaigns on-the-go.
There are 5 categories, with 10 apps each. We will follow up to complete the top 100 with 50 Android apps.
- Adobe® Reader® is a free app to work with PDF files on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Easily access, manage, and share a wide variety of PDF file types, including PDF Portfolios, password-protected documents, fillable forms, and Adobe LiveCycle® rights-managed PDF files.
- Genius Scan turns your iPhone into a pocket scanner. It enables you to quickly scan documents on the go and email the scans as JPEG or PDF.
- Office² Plus makes it easy to open, view, create and edit Word (DOC & DOCX), Excel (XLS & XLSX) and PowerPoint (PPT & PPTX) files.
- TurboScan turns your iPhone into a multipage scanner for documents, receipts, notes, whiteboards, and other text. You scan your documents and store or email them as multipage PDF or JPEG files.
- Quickoffice Pro HD – create and edit ALL Microsoft® Office document, spreadsheet, and presentation formats, as well as view PDF files, on the go.
- Documents To Go Premium: edit, create & view Word, Excel & PowerPoint files; view, edit & sync your cloud files! Support includes Google Docs, Dropbox, Box.net, iDisk & SugarSync, and much more.
- SignEasy – a way to sign documents from your iPhone and iPad securely.
- Docstoc Documents And Templates: access over 30 Million of the best quality professional documents, templates, videos, guides, articles, forms and business resources for personal and business needs. (invoice templates, resumes, business plans, etc.
- PrintDirect for iPhone/iPod Touch: set up your printer to print from your iPhone/iPod Touch. PrintDirect will print to ALL printers. Print directly to most WiFi/Wireless printers without additional software. Print to ALL printers and any document type via your Mac/PC.
- Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. Any file you save to your Dropbox is accessible from all your computers, iPhone, iPad and even the Dropbox website
- The complete Fast Company magazine, reinvented to fit your iPad.
- strategy+business provides an informed global perspective on ideas and practices relevant to decision makers in businesses and organizations around the world.
- CNN App for iPhone: breaking news with international, CNNMoney, tech and entertainment headlines as well as CNN blog stories.
- NYTimes – Try a Times Digital Subscription and get your first week free* to enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with the enhanced NYTimes app for iPhone
- BBC News – latest, breaking news from the BBC and its global network of journalists. With news in English, Spanish, Russian and Arabic.
- PR Newswire – delivers industry headlines, from the popular press release distribution site.
- Content Marketing Mag: free magazine, teaching you step-by-step how to use content marketing to build your audience, get more traffic, and make more money online.
- Brand Finance App: designed to keep you abreast of the latest theoretical and practical issues in the area of brand strategy, brand building and brand valuation.
- Inspiring Innovation Mag, sharing the inspirational stories of world leading entrepreneurs – to skyrocket your own business.
- Download the Fortune Magazine App for free and then either subscribe or purchase individual issues of Fortune. And if you currently subscribe to Fortune Magazine in print, you can access the iPad edition for FREE!
- Facebook – for iPhone and iPad. Share updates, photos and videos; text, chat and have group conversations, etc.
- Official Twitter app: instant updates from your friends, industry experts, favorite celebrities, and what’s happening around the world.
- On-the-go access to your professional network with the LinkedIn app for iPad and iPhone
- Sendible: Publish content to your social networks and blogs on the go.
- Official Google+ for iPhone and iPad. Join a Hangout, post a photo, or see what friends are sharing while you’re on the go.
- Pinterest: Pin your inspirations to online pinboards so you can
find them later; follow boards that interest you to discover even more; create new pins with your camera; and more.
- With WordPress for iOS, you can moderate comments, create or edit posts and pages, view stats, and add images or videos with ease.
- Instagram: free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone
- Tumblr: post anything, share photos, video, quotes, chats, links, and text.
- LiveProfile helps you stay connected with friends in real-time. Send messages, photos, videos, post status updates, customize your profile, set your profile picture, and much more!
Social Media Monitoring
- TweetDeck allows you to monitor, manage and engage in your social world by bringing together your Twitter and Facebook feeds in a powerful and flexible column-based dashboard.
- Abuzz Lite: Abuzz keep you in the loop on sites like Digg Postings and Twitter Tweets as well as closely follow every Blog in Blogosphere and monitoring hundreds of thousands of Forums and its postings like a hawk.
- Formerly Cotweet, now SocialEngage mobile, the app lets you update Twitter, respond on Facebook, assign to your teammates, categorize conversations, schedule updates, monitor keywords, track trends with tagging, and more
- HootSuite for iPhone: send updates to Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare from virtually anywhere. Plus, you can easily manage campaigns, schedule updates, and even translate messages to/from over 50 languages.
- Radian6 Mobile – monitor trends around your brand on the social web.
- Trackur as an iPhone or iPad app – Trackur’s social media monitoring dashboard looks great on any mobile device–iOS or Android.
- Engage121 mobile app lets you monitor your community’s conversation and respond in real-time without having to be tied to a desk.
- Klout app: use it to view your Klout Score, discover new people and content to enhance your social experience, and benefit from your social media influence
- Wired PR Works is your always-on PR and social media marketing mobile app: Stay updated with conference coverage, digital public relations guides and new media marketing tactics for entrepreneurs, small businesses and non-profits.
- Seesmic for iPhone lets you update and view multiple social networks in an efficient and powerful application. Manage multiple Twitter accounts, your Facebook account, your Chatter accounts, a Ping.fm account and organize all your accounts, searches, trending topics and lists in your customizable dashboard.
Communicating and productivity
- GoToMeeting: the easiest and most convenient way to attend online meetings.
- Gmail: the official Gmail experience for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity.
- iTranslate – the ultimate translation tool; supporting over 50 languages, speech-to-speech translation and more.
- Remember The Milk (RTM) for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad: take your to-do list anywhere with this feature-packed app; never forget the milk (or anything else) again.
- Speak it! 2 will read your emails, favorite news articles, documents and more while you exit the app and do other things with your iPhone.
- Call, video call and instant message anyone else on Skype for free with Skype for your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Use Bump™ to share contact information and photos by simply bumping two phones together.
- ooVoo lets you video chat with up to 12 Facebook and ooVoo friends, text or make phone calls in exceptional quality for free.
- Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. More than 90 million Viber users call, text, and send photos worldwide – for free.
Are there any other categories you would like to see, and any other apps you would like to suggest to make this list even better? Let us know in the comments.