LVCVA is conducting a search for a strategic, highly creative agency partner to be its lead integrated Agency of Record for its global marketing efforts for Las Vegas (domestic and international leisure and business) and extended destinations within Southern Nevada. The objective of this review process is to identify the best agency partner, or partners, to successfully manage the suite of services outlined below. Through this process, the LVCVA reserves the right to award all or a portion of the business to a qualified partner firm or firms. Agencies may respond to all or a portion of the services. Prior to COVID, fiscal year (FY) budgets averaged $100M inclusive of media, production, agency retainer, etc. FY 2021 budget is currently $65M. Best-in-class competency in the following areas is expected:
• Brand Strategy & Account Services – long-term and day-to-day account management functions include strategic development and execution of consumer and trade marketing programs; brand and project management in coordinating various campaigns, marketing materials and assets; concept development and integrated planning with all internal and external disciplines.
• Project Management and Consultation – concept writing and development of annual integrated marketing plans; strategic planning; consultation and development of presentations to various audiences including government agencies, industry analysts, tourism executives and media. Conduct periodic comprehensive brand planning for the various destinations.
• Research – management and execution of primary and secondary research; event research; analysis and recommendations related to travel, tourism and gaming trends; research report development and execution. Secure outside partners as needed.
• Creative – concept development across all channels including broadcast, digital, social, website, radio, print, outdoor, activations, and non-traditional marketing programs. Develop, produce and manage brand identities for marketing programs. Services include copy writing, graphic design, layout, logo development, photography, video filming/editing and securing outside partners to produce content (i.e. production companies, designers, photographers, etc.) as needed.
• Content Creation – digital production (development and production of content for social media channels, websites, digital programs, blog, etc.); broadcast/video production (writing, editing, directing, and production of television, radio and video projects); print production (coordination and management of film output, color processing and printing services in relation to all print advertising and production of collateral materials). Secure outside partners as needed.
• Digital and Social Media – develop strategic plans for social media channels and recommend cutting edge tools and applications for integrating into the way visitors consume content. Oversight of the execution, performance analysis and optimizations of each social and digital channel including websites and email programs via online and mobile devices. Social influencer 2 programming which includes the development of an influencer strategy, coordination and execution of social influencer contracts, itineraries, in-market trips and reporting.
• Website – planning and design of web interface and other digital creative elements. Management of website hosts, technology and software providers related to websites.
• Media Planning and Buying – strategic planning and buying capabilities for digital and traditional media channels including development of media plans for general consumer, business, international and extended destinations. Secure added-value and research opportunities through media buys. Maintenance of relationships with key media partners and proactive engagement of new partners and opportunities. Management of media contracts and measurement and reporting on all paid media programs.
• Public Relations – media relations; message development; promotional partnership development; community relations; written communications; crisis management and communications; issue management; business-to-business communications; strategic planning; tracking and reporting on PR activities.
• Event Marketing and Sponsorships – development of marketing partnerships and brand integration opportunities. Negotiation and management of sponsorship deals inclusive of event advertising, media, creative and public relations services; sponsorship packaging and solicitation; event conception, development and execution which includes activations in/out-of-market; event management and operations; broadcast rights negotiation and packaging; logo development; merchandise development and procurement.
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide and operating the Las Vegas Convention Center. With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 14 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting leisure and business visitors to the area. LVCVA is the marketing arm for the Las Vegas area, the extended destinations of Mesquite, Boulder City, and Laughlin. Additionally, LVCVA oversees the marketing functions for some Las Vegas transportation systems, including the Las Vegas Monorail and Elon Musk’s underground people mover on the Convention Center campus.
Scope of Work:
Size of Agency: LVCVA prefers an agency partner that can handle the complexity of its needs with best-inclass talent and resources and can scale to meet its domestic and global needs. Leadership, expertise / talent and a commitment to their business day-in and day-out are the key drivers. Preferred Location: LVCVA’s team is located in Las Vegas. The location of the lead office is less important than finding the right partner for their needs. However, LVCVA will expect its partner to be committed to spending significant time in Las Vegas. Preferred Experience: The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of: (1) working with entertainment and/or hospitality brands; (2) developing and executing highly innovative brand and product creative based on strategic account planning and insightful strategy development; (3) developing highly integrated customer-centric communications programs across different media and channels including digital/new technologies focus: (4) developing highly-engaging, fully-integrated, omni-channel marketing and advertising programs that drive visitation, and; (5) a performance-oriented mindset led by data-driven decision making and ROI modeling. Relevant travel/hospitality and/or entertainment marketing or related experience as well as best-in-class digital, social media and global account experience as an agency or among your key team members is highly desired. Prefer a high level of familiarity of the destination. Media Capabilities: Media thought leadership is important to LVCVA. The ideal media partner will have a successful track record of: (1) developing holistic, highly innovative and fully integrated, cross-channel communications plans where creative strategy and media strategy /communications planning are aligned from the beginning, and messaging leverages the inherent value of each specific medium; (2) experience developing and executing highly innovative plans using the latest digital technologies and cross-media integration ideas / opportunities; (3) best-in-class media research and data analytics; (4) best-in-class tactical planning and buying across all channels / media including print (newspaper and trade print), OOH, digital and SEM/SEO; and finally (5) delivering optimal rates and consistent added value to enhance value and overall ROI. Beyond this, LVCVA would like their agency partner to think broadly about media in a way that can garner them recognition and awareness beyond paid media.
Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. PST
Top Public Relations News:
Making Revenue with Podcasting and YouTube
Using Social Media to Beat Cancer
Justin Champion, author of Inbound Content With Tips On How To Write Great Content
Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation Issues Website RFP
Handling Conflict: The Challenge of Modern Managers
Mobile Shopping Apps to Inherit the Future?
PR Push Essentials
FiberNet Limited Issues Branding RFP
Top 10 Factors that Influence Purchase Decisions
Strategic Communication and Creative Agency Needed By Mercy Corps