The Barnard Companies (Barnard) requests proposals for the redesign of our company website and marketing materials to be submitted by 4 p.m. MST on February 26, 2021. Please provide an email notice of your intent to submit a proposal by 4 p.m. MST on February 9, 2021. Questions regarding this RFP should be directed to Barnard’s Marketing Director, Carol Diffendaffer, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. MST on February 16, 2021. Electronic submissions of the proposals are required and should be submitted to email@example.com with “Proposal for Website and Marketing Services” in the subject line.
Barnard is looking for a partner to assist in the redesign of our electronic and printed marketing materials, including the company’s website. The selected agency will be asked to work in close collaboration with and in support of Barnard’s Marketing Department in the development of all deliverables. Barnard is committed to the effective and efficient use of its marketing budget; cost-effective proposals are requested. The proposed contract period for services is through the end of 2021.
Headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, Barnard was founded by Timothy Barnard in 1975. Since then, the company has grown from a one-man operation into a multi-billion dollar heavy civil contractor. Mr. Barnard continues to serve as Chairman of the Board. We build projects throughout North America and have extensive experience in all aspects of heavy civil construction, including dams, reservoirs, tunnels, electric transmission and substations, pipelines, utilities, oil and gas pipelines, environmental efforts, and special projects. The projects we’ve constructed are as varied as the terrain and regions of the country in which they’ve been built; most are complex—from installing submersible pumps 500 feet below ground to pump water from Lake Mead’s deepest intake to constructing a 695 megawatt hydroelectric facility through harsh winters in Northern Manitoba. Barnard is selective in the projects we pursue, always looking for work that is logistically challenging and schedule-driven, urban or remote. We are a medium-sized company with approximately 350 salaried and approximately 1,000 hourly employees, and have anywhere from 15 to 20 projects under contract at one time. We’ve earned a solid reputation among our peers, currently ranking #1 for hydro plants, #2 in dams and reservoirs, and #6 in transmission in distribution by Engineering News-Record (ENR), a national engineering and construction news outlet. ENR’s Top 400 Contractors list, on which Barnard ranks #87, can be found as Attachment 1.
Scope of Work:
We are seeking a partner with a proven track record for creative excellence in branding, design, and website development to help us:
1. Redesign the company’s website, including the integration of an open-source content management system (CMS) with the ability to:
a. Quickly and easily update content and photos throughout the site, including hero / leading photos or images on the homepage.
b. Search for content based on user’s interests.
c. Integrate video.
d. View as a mobile version.
e. Run our quarterly publication, OnSite, as a specific page with the individual articles in blog format. In addition to the individual articles, an archive of previous complete publications is intended to be linked and hosted via Adobe’s InDesign Online Publish option. A subscribe feature should also be provided for print issues as well as electronic publications, with distribution via Constant Contact (or similar).
f. Scrub Google reviews with the addition of a Wikipedia page, Bloomberg, or similar listing.
g. Track visits and run metrics.
2. Refresh our marketing material templates for the following:
a. Company’s project profiles
b. Company’s staff resumes
c. Proposal covers and tabs
f. Microsoft Word documents
g. InDesign templates
3. Produce a Style Guide / Brand Book Agencies may also include in their proposals suggestions for branding consultation before design work begins to assess goals, vision, and values of the company.
1. Provide a brief description of your agency’s structure and capabilities.
2. List all services provided in-house and services provided by any outside consultants. If any services are to be provided by outside consultants, please provide a brief description of the firm, its role, and its capabilities.
3. Describe in detail your approach and process for brand development, including suggested CMS solutions.
4. Introduce your proposed project team, including consultants. Provide resumes of key personnel assigned to the project, including specific experience that each team member would contribute. Identify and define their individual roles.
5. Include case studies of your agency providing similar services to firms of our size. These case studies should include a brief description of the brand identity services provided and a discussion of the outcome.
6. Submit a detailed schedule with your proposal for the project that includes critical milestones, assuming a start date of April 1, 2021, and a completion date of September 30, 2021
7. Provide a detailed fee proposal that outlines the specific activities to be performed during the brand process.
8. Supply at least three references that have used your professional services for a similar project. Include a contact name, title, address, and phone number.
4 p.m. MST, February 26, 2021
Top Public Relations News:
STATE OF ALASKA ISSUES MARKETING RFP
The AABA: An All-White Basketball League?
The Best New Social Networks for Marketers
Survey: Facebook Fanboys Hate Facebook
Espionage Queen Anna Chapman Maxim Video
Atlanta PR Firms, Tennessee PR Agencies & Houston PR Updates
Personalizing an ECommerce Store
Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation Issues Public Relations RFP
Holiday Inn’s Ultimate Hospitality, Human Bed Warmers
Keillor continues to defend his reputation after firing