The Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR), on behalf of the University of Arizona, is soliciting proposals from interested vendors to furnish all marketing units across the university’s complex organizational structure with media planning, buying, optimizing and associated creative services. Each marketing unit would be serviced as a separate account under the “federated” management of the central Marketing and Communications office.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
The Arizona Board of Regents is committed to ensuring access for qualified residents of Arizona to undergraduate and graduate institutions; promoting the discovery, application, and dissemination of new knowledge; extending the benefits of university activities to Arizona’s citizens outside the university; and maximizing the benefits derived from the state’s investment in education.
The Arizona Board of Regents seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy and initiatives founded upon evidence-based research. Synergies from a unified higher education system will provide access and the highest quality education to Arizona’s citizens. The Arizona public universities provide bachelor’s level and higher public education, advance human knowledge through scholarly research and creative expression, and serve key roles as major partners in statewide economic development and community advancement.
Scope of Work:
The University of Arizona is seeking proposals for media planning and buying services, which will be available to all marketing units across the university. Each marketing unit will be serviced as a separate account under the “federated” management of the central Marketing and Communications office. Each unit will be treated as a separate sub-client. The annual aggregate budget for these sub-client accounts is estimated to be upwards of $5 million, spread across multiple campaigns, colleges and departments.
Marketing units across the university run print, out-of-home, radio,TV and online ads. We require a media buying firm with extensive knowledge and experience in traditional and/or online advertising, as well as reliable full-service account support that is prepared to work with numerous sub-clients running different campaigns of various sizes.
The marketing goals for the University are:
▪ To increase student enrollment on all campuses and modalities.
▪ To enhance the image and reputation of the University of Arizona.
▪ To broaden and deepen knowledge of the University among all constituency groups.
▪ To drive specific actions such as alumni involvement and enhanced donations to the University.
Media buying firm(s) will be required to:
▪ Make recommendations on media buying strategies, including online strategies, to reach specific target audiences and generate desired conversions.
▪ Negotiate favorable rates.
▪ Develop creative partnerships to extend the University’s media budget.
▪ Place media buys.
▪ Provide follow-up reports on reach and frequency.
▪ Provide post-buy analysis for radio and TV schedules.
▪ Provide follow-up reports on effectiveness of online campaigns, and optimize future campaigns based on these results.
▪ Provide access to marketing research data in support of strategies.
▪ Provide strategic marketing consulting if/as needed.
April 17th, 2019.
The University of Arizona
Procurement and Contracting Services
P.O. Box 210300
Tucson, Arizona 85721
Attn: Lila Sorensen