The Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR), on behalf of the University of Arizona, is soliciting proposals from interested vendors to furnish all marketing units across the university’s complex organizational structure with media planning, buying, optimizing and associated creative services. Each marketing unit would be serviced as a separate account under the “federated” management of the central Marketing and Communications office.
The Arizona Board of Regents is committed to ensuring access
for qualified residents of Arizona to undergraduate and graduate institutions;
promoting the discovery, application, and dissemination of new knowledge;
extending the benefits of university activities to Arizona’s citizens outside
the university; and maximizing the benefits derived from the state’s investment
The Arizona Board of Regents seeks to provide leadership and
a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy
through advocacy and initiatives founded upon evidence-based research.
Synergies from a unified higher education system will provide access and the
highest quality education to Arizona’s citizens. The Arizona public
universities provide bachelor’s level and higher public education, advance
human knowledge through scholarly research and creative expression, and serve
key roles as major partners in statewide economic development and community
Scope of Work:
The University of Arizona is seeking proposals for media
planning and buying services, which will be available to all marketing units
across the university. Each marketing unit will be serviced as a separate
account under the “federated” management of the central Marketing and
Communications office. Each unit will be treated as a separate sub-client. The
annual aggregate budget for these sub-client accounts is estimated to be
upwards of $5 million, spread across multiple campaigns, colleges and
Marketing units across the university run print,
out-of-home, radio,TV and online ads. We require a media buying firm with
extensive knowledge and experience in traditional and/or online advertising, as
well as reliable full-service account support that is prepared to work with
numerous sub-clients running different campaigns of various sizes.
The marketing goals for the University are:
▪ To increase student enrollment on all campuses and modalities.
▪ To enhance the image and reputation of the University of Arizona.
▪ To broaden and deepen knowledge of the University among all constituency
▪ To drive specific actions such as alumni involvement and enhanced donations to the University.
Media buying firm(s) will be required to:
▪ Make recommendations on media buying strategies, including online strategies,
reach specific target audiences and generate desired conversions.
▪ Negotiate favorable rates.
▪ Develop creative partnerships to extend the University’s media budget.
▪ Place media buys.
▪ Provide follow-up reports on reach and frequency.
▪ Provide post-buy analysis for radio and TV schedules.
▪ Provide follow-up reports on effectiveness of online campaigns, and optimize
campaigns based on these results.
▪ Provide access to marketing research data in support of strategies.
▪ Provide strategic marketing consulting if/as needed.