BRANDING RFP ISSUED BY MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is the third-largest system of state colleges and universities in the United States. It comprises 37 state colleges and universities with 54 campuses located in 47 Minnesota communities. Minnesota State serves approximately 350,000+ plus students each year. Minnesota State employs more than 15,900+ dedicated faculty and staff focused on student success. Minnesota State is an independent state entity that is governed by a 15-member Board of Trustees. For more information about the colleges and universities of Minnesota State, please view its website at www.minnstate.edu.
Minnesota State University, Mankato, a comprehensive university in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minnesota State) system, is located on a 303-acre campus that overlooks the Minnesota River Valley. The Greater Mankato area has a population of 101,927. The University offers a full range of undergraduate and a broad selection of graduate programs, and as such, has statewide responsibilities for the articulation of and providing access to professional programs not available at other colleges and regional universities. The University also has a major obligation to provide leadership in applied research important to the economy and quality of life in the state. For additional information on the campus, please review the University’s website at www.mnsu.edu.
The Minnesota Polytechnic and Applied Learning Institute (MinnPoly) is based on applied learning also known as the “learn by doing” approach. Students earn their bachelor’s degree while gaining the skills and competencies needed to perform on the job from day one by working on projects. Many of the projects are provided by industry/business partners. MinnPoly also responds to industry/business needs by supporting economic and workforce development by partnering with industry to bridge any disconnect among business/industry and higher education. This highly collaborative approach allows for industry professionals, students, faculty, and communities to participate and support future developments in research, the economy, and society.
Scope of Work
MINNESOTA STATE is requesting proposals to assist in the development and execution of a branding campaign to increase awareness of the Minnesota Polytechnic and Applied Learning Institute (MinnPoly). The proposals should address the following:
• Brand Architecture: Develop the brand strategy and brand identity to shape positive perceptions of MinnPoly which include logomark including fonts and colors, competitive position and message development, and creative brief.
• Creative: Develop and design creative for the relevant touchpoints throughout the branding campaign, i.e., microsite, digital, social, OOH, etc. Specifically, develop creative approach that is clear, simple, consistent and competitive while highlighting MinnPoly’s credibility, value, and Minnesota’s first and only polytechnic.
• Web Development: Develop and design website content based on brand identity and creative development. Website managed internally.
o Design templates for the homepage, news, news detail, events, events detail, 3 individualized landing pages, and 3 generalized content pages effectively using the consistent brand identity, including, but not limited to: Wireframe representations of the templates/pages to show the design concepts, placement of content, and planned functionality; Graphic mockups of pages that reflect the design and “look-and-feel” for the templates/pages; Dynamically generated navigation to show all pages and external links; Breadcrumbs used hierarchical manner to reveal user’s web location and viewable on interior pages of website.
• Branding Campaign: Plan and execute a branding campaign to begin March 2022 leading up to official launch of MinnPoly (September 2022), including, but not limited to, microsite, digital, social, OOH, SEM, and other assets based on goals and brand strategy.
• Launch: Develop the event plan with media and PR package for the MinnPoly official launch (September 2022) including but not limited to, press releases, interviews, etc.
• Management: Monitor campaign and report on campaign performance; optimize budget and campaign based on analysis.
MINNESOTA STATE’S authorized representative for purposes of responding to inquiries about the RFP is:
Name: Jill Rollings
Title: Facilities Purchasing Coordinator
Address: 358 Wiecking Center, Mankato, MN 56001
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, February 11, 2022, 5:00 p.m. CT Deadline for RFP proposal submissions