California Physical Therapy Association Issues Public Relations RFP
Founded in 1971, the California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA) is a 501(c)6 professional organization dedicated to improving the health and wellness of people in California by advancing physical therapist practice. Its primary purpose is to improve the physical therapy profession through advocacy, continuing education, and research, as well as serving the professional needs of its approximately 8,000 members. As the third largest physical therapy association in the world, the California Physical Therapy Association is the voice for the physical therapy profession in the state of California. Members include physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, physical therapist students and physical therapist assistant students.
CPTA physical therapists are highly educated licensed health care professionals. They are experts in human movement who diagnose movement impairments, treat individuals with conditions that limit their ability to move and perform functional activities, and help patients restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness, health, and wellness.
The California Physical Therapy Association is currently accepting proposals for the selection of a public relations firm for 2017.
- Create advertising strategies in conjunction with the MCC and CPTA staff
- Design and place advertisements in agreed upon venues
- PR results measurement and reporting
- Suggest social media posts
- Provide media services including developing:
- Media strategies
- Key messages and talking points for the ED and others as needed
- Press releases, media statements and media advisories
- Letters to the Editors; comments
- Fact sheets, backgrounders and FAQs
- Press materials
- Work with CPTA on developing materials for legislative issues
- Managing a Capitol Event including:
- Invitation design and delivery
- Contacting all elected officials’ offices, faxing or emailing invitations
- Packaging and delivering “advocacy kits”
- Coordinating logistics, onsite registration and coordination the day of the event
- Development and distribution of press announcements prior to the event
- Assist in the development of flyers including creative concept design, copy, graphic design, layout and printing
- Communicate with the President, ED, and MCC on a regular basis
- Participate in Membership & Communications Committee meetings and telephone conferences as requested
Proposals due by September 30, 2016 to CPTA, Attn: Stacy DeFoe, 1990 Del Paso Road, Sacramento, CA 95834. The proposal should be based on a yearly budget of approximately $200,000.