The CCJPA is searching for a vendor to be a hands-on collaborator in the review, refinement, and execution of its social media/content marketing strategy. We are looking for a creative and savvy individual or agency to help us fill critical resource needs in the areas of social media and content marketing execution, as well as provide us with the know-how to leverage current social media trends to increase followers and engagement across all of our social media platforms.
The Capitol Corridor is an intercity passenger train system that provides a convenient and comfortable alternative to traveling along the congested I-80, I-680, and I-880 freeways by operating a fast, reliable, and comfortable rail service to 18 stations in eight Northern California counties: Placer, Sacramento, Yolo, Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Francisco, and Santa Clara. Capitol Corridor’s ridership in fiscal year 2017 (October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2017) was 1.62 million. Approximately two-thirds of riders use the Capitol Corridor to travel to and from work in Northern California’s key economic hubs of Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Oakland, and Sacramento, while another third use the service for leisure trips, including service to the region’s major sports and entertainment venues – Levi’s Stadium, the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, and the Golden One Center.
The six local transit agencies in the eight-county service area provide the administration and management of the Capitol Corridor through the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA). The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is the CCJPA’s administrative managing agency and provides day-to-day management support to the CCJPA.
Scope of Work:
While the CCJPA recognizes that the constantly evolving social media landscape makes it challenging to set a scope of work in stone for a one-year contract, our expectation is that the work of the selected contractor will include the following:
- Review of the CCJPA’s current social media program and provide recommendations for appropriate metrics and goals for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
- Curate, post, and share content, in coordination with CCJPA staff and utilizing A/B testing as appropriate to determine successful messaging and creative formats.
- Develop and co-manage (with CCJPA staff) content calendars for boosted social media posts and blog content using Google Docs and the CoSchedule platform.
- Participate in bi-weekly planning and review calls with CCJPA staff.
- As a CCJPA Business Admin, set up, monitor, and optimize as needed, paid Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Assist CCJPA staff with coordinating social media contests (approximately 10 per year) using the WishPond platform.
- Research and provide recommendations for potential new workflow platforms (e.g. for scheduling, analytics).
300 Lakeside Dr., 14th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612