Children and Families Commission of Fresno County Issues Advertising RFP
The Children and Families Commission of Fresno County, also known as First 5 Fresno County (F5FC) has issued an RFP for a comprehensive Public Education Campaign. They are seeking full-service advertising and communications firms. The services shall include concept and creative development, securing and oversight of media buys, overall project management and evaluation of a two year public education campaign. The Campaign goal is to increase awareness of early childhood development topics and emphasize the importance of positive parent and adult interactions in a child’s first 5 years.
First 5 Fresno County focuses on the first 5 years of life. They want all children to have a strong foundation so they can reach their full potential. The Commission funds programs and invests in efforts that improve the lives of children ages 0 to 5 and their families. F5FC was created in 1998 when voters passed Proposition 10, which added a 50-cent sales tax to every pack of cigarettes or tobacco product sold in California. The State of California collects the money and distributes it to each county based on birthrate. F5FC is responsible for developing a strategic plan to guide local funding decisions consistent with the purpose of Proposition 10, which is to promote, support and improve the early development of children from the prenatal stage to 5 years of age.
Guidelines and Requirements
- The selected firm will be responsible for the concept and creative development, securing and oversight of media buys, overall project management and evaluation of the Campaign. The Campaign focus may include, but is not limited to, information about early brain development, parent and caregiver engagement, early learning and healthy development.
- The selected firm will be responsible for analyzing market and secondary research to influence the development and execution of the Campaign for all mediums, including, but not limited to, television, radio, print, outdoor and other emerging new technologies as a means to reach audiences across Fresno County.
- The Campaign must target Fresno County’s diverse population of parents and caregivers of children ages 0 to 5. More specifically, the Campaign should be developed for the English- language, Spanish-language and Hmong-language markets, as well as rural communities and other geographic regions and ethnic communities1, as applicable, in Fresno County. The selected firm will develop (either in-house or by subcontractor) language-specific, culturally sensitive messages for the aforementioned audiences.
- The Campaign must include creative concept, development, pre-test, production, implementation and evaluation components.
The selected firm must be able to meet and build the campaign around four key objectives:
- Increase awareness of early childhood development topics among Fresno County residents and emphasize the importance of positive parent and adult interactions in a child’s first 5 years.
- Use strategic communication methods to effectively target and reach Fresno County’s diverse population, geographic regions and ethnic communities. A recent market profile is available in the F5FC 2016-2020 Communications Plan.
- Identify and implement a broad range of new and emerging media strategies and technology to reach and educate Fresno County residents about the importance of the first 5 years of life.
- Reinforce the brand of the Commission as a reliable source of information for children ages 0 to 5 and their families.
Proposal due by December 7 to:
Public Education Campaign 2017 RFP First 5 Fresno County
2405 Tulare Street, Suite 200
Fresno, CA 93721