The CITY is requesting proposals from qualified individuals or firms to provide State government relations services for the CITY before the Executive branch, Legislators and/or legislative staff <>f the State government to secure funds for, and otherwise represent, CITY efforts.
Key West is surrounded by the beautiful waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. Dive the Vandenberg or snorkel our coral reefs, charter a day of fishing, relax on one of our beaches, book an Eco tour, and end your day with a beautiful sunset cruise. Each evening we are treated to the talented Sunset Celebration performers on Mallory Square while enjoying a spectacular sunset.
Scope of Work:
SCOPE OF SERVICES FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES:
Working in consultation with the City Manager and/or elected officials, the following are areas of responsibility of the State Government Relations firm:
1. Work closely with the CITY to obtain all necessary project information.
2. Secure State funding for the CITY including proactive identification of specific funding opportunities.
3. Monitor State legislation and programs of State agencies to identify new funding sources.
4. Prioritize funding opportunities according to their potential as funding sources.
S. Develop timelines, giving dates when certain activities should begin and when materials should be complied to meet State guidelines and deadlines.
6. Act as a representative of the CITY and its projects.
7. Coordinate with the State delegation in gaining support for State funding for the CITY, assist in drafting appropriate correspondence, schedule briefings and meetings.
8. Identify and meet with key State agencies, officers of the State government and members of the State legislator related to specific funding sources, propose and implement lobbying and advocacy strategies for gaining their support for CITY projects.
9. Establish and maintain liaisons with key State agencies, officers and elected officials to gain support for CITY projects.
10. If requested, prepare State grant applications.
11. Provide technical assistance and guidance to CITY staff in preparing correspondence and reports for State funding contracts.
12. As requested or necessary, arrange meetings between State agencies and members of the Executive branch, Legislators and/or legislative staff with the Mayor, City Commissioners and the City Manager to promote the funding of CITY projects or to discuss legislative issues affecting the CITY.
13. Identify agencies or their local governments which may be competing for specific grants or appropriations and assist in aligning support for CITY Projects.
14. Provide quarterly reports to the City Manager or designee demonstrating the progress of the individual or firm toward securing funding for CITY projects. The report shall provide enough information as needed in order for the Mayor, City Commission, City Manager and staff to support any lobbying strategies.
15. Appear before the City Commission as requested to report on fund development activities, approximately two (2) times annually. Appearances will be scheduled in advance at the request of the Mayor and City Commission.
AUGUST 14, 2019
CTIY OF KEY WEST OFFICE OF THE CITY CLERK 1300 WHITE STREET KEY WEST, FL 33040
Top Public Relations News:
Profile On Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc.
Keep Hidden Meanings From Ruining Your PR Campaign
Senator McCaskill Pushes Investigation into Federal Use of PR firms
Ogilvy & Mather and IBM Win Big at Effie Awards
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission (NGPC) Issues Marketing RFP
Pitching Notes Allows PR Professionals to Share Their Experiences with Reporters
New Label challenges long-held allergy warnings
The Modern History of PR
Dodge Communications Named to Inc. 5000 Again
Full-Power PR War – Apple sues HTC Over Phone Patents