The CLIO Awards will be celebrating its monumental 50th Anniversary in Las Vegas. CLIO will award the most remarkable accomplishments in advertising. This year CLIO has added a new competition category: Strategic Communications/ Public Relations.
“In keeping with Clio’s 50-year tradition of recognizing the highest levels of creative communication, we are pleased to announce the new category that will acknowledge those in the industry who understand the power of public relations and communications in this highly competitive arena,” said Wayne Youkhana, director of the CLIO Awards.
“We are also honored that Richard Edelman, longtime pioneer in the public relations industry, will be chairing the new Clio Awards category, as his insight is integral in selecting campaigns that adhere to Clio’s highest standard of creativity.”
This year’s three-day CLIO festival will be held May 12 – 14, in Las Vegas, and will feature five distinct award shows. These are:
- Moving Image Awards – recognizing Television/Cinema/Digital & television/Cinema/Digital Technique mediums
- Emerging Media Awards – recognizing Content & Contact, Innovative Media, Interactive, and Integrated mediums
- Communications Awards* – recognizing Print, Radio, Direct Mail, Poster and Billboard mediums, as well as Strategic Communications and Public Relations
- Design Awards – recognizing Design mediums
- Lifetime Achievement Awards – recognizing the outstanding and ongoing contribution of an individual who leads the industry forward
The entry submission deadline for the advertising category is January 23 for all work appearing between January 1 and December 31. The entry submission deadline for the Strategic Communications/Public Relations category is February 13 for any campaign appearing between January 1 and December 31.
Top Public Relations News:
Stopping A PR Crisis Before It Starts
4 Qualities to Look For In Management
Maine’s Governor LePage Offers Mea Culpa
Can Glenn Beck reinvent himself as the voice of reason?
How to Determine If Your Business Should Use Drones
The One Social Element Any Influencer Needs – A HIT Story
Shift Communications PR: Social Media Needs Public Relations
T-Mobile Bobsled App Brings Voice Calling to Facebook
Cleveland State University Issues Advertising RFP
Cruise the Great Lakes Issues Marketing RFP