COMMUNICATIONS RFP ISSUED BY CITY OF CYPRESS
The purpose of this RFQ is to select a contractor to assist the Communications and Marketing Analyst with frequent marketing tasks that require attention with a quick turnaround and match the current City marketing material designs. The City of Cypress requests proposals from qualified firms to assist our Communications and Marketing Strategists with frequent City projects ranging from event videos, photography, copywriting, marketing material creation, monitoring social media platforms, editing website information, creating content for social channels, and developing assets for the web. The selected firm will have personnel available Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and for the occasional weekend events.
Scope of Work:
Partner with a firm that can provide knowledgeable personnel to help with the completion of communication tasks in a timely manner and can easily attend in-person community events when needed.
Expand the community reach through effective and creative branded marketing strategies with social media, website, e-notifications, and printed materials.
Analyze data of social media content performance to build more effective strategies for increased community engagement.
The selected firm will:
- Assist in developing copy for social posts, webpages, and press releases.
- Be knowledgeable about creating bit.ly links and updating the City Linktree profile.
- Experience uploading and tagging videos on YouTube and edit/create closed captions.
- The ability to assist with documenting City events through photography, videography, and live onsite social media posts. In addition to visiting local Cypress sites during important photo opportunities.
- Have the capability to develop full media tool kit packages that consist of images and copy formatted for sharing on social media, the City website, and the Cypress Central App.
- Design event banners and create printable flyers with Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Analyst and the Recreation and Community Services Department to design the 12-page bi-monthly newsletter that will be printed and mailed to the 17K Cypress residents (6 issues).
Due Date: October 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
CITY OF CYPRESS 5275 ORANGE AVENUE CYPRESS, CA 90630