Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Issues Influencer Management RFP
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit quotes for retaining outside celebrity, influencer and talent management services. Following the review of the RFP responses, CBCF will select a firm and invite that team to enter into a contract based on the needed services outlined below.
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) is non-profit public policy research and educational institute founded in 1976. For more than four decades CBCF’s programs and events support our focus on eliminating health, economic and education disparities impacting the global black community. CBCF’s mission is to advance the global black community by developing leaders, informing policy, and educating the public. CBCF is achieving the mission by:
• Facilitating the exchange of ideas and information to address critical issues affecting our communities.
• Providing leadership development and scholarship opportunities to educate the next generation of leaders.
• Promoting public health and financial empowerment for all communities through innovative programs.
• Developing strategic research and historical resources for the public, academics, educators, and students.
CBCF’s programs reach and attract citizens from across the country and around the world.
Its most recognizable program is the Leadership Institute, which comprises the scholarship, fellowship and internship programs, which attract hundreds of young leaders from colleges and universities nationwide. CBCF is seeking support for implementing an experienced celebrity and influencer talent management firm or consultant to create partnerships and engagements that aid in building awareness for CBCF around the work it undertakes to eliminate disparities in Black communities demonstrating CBCF’s contributions and impact. Firms should have demonstrable experience working with small nonprofit organizations, in the government affairs and policy fields, and with the local Washington, DC market. The firm/consultant must have active relationships with key influencers in the mainstream and Black niche markets that include celebrities, media, sports, corporations and philanthropic and nonprofit organizations. Moreover, the ideal firm will have a strong cultural attunement of Black experiences, including racial, economic, and social justice issues.
Scope of Work:
In your response, please demonstrate your understanding, capability and approach to services listed below.
• Acquire, manage and engage high-quality celebrity and influencer talent
• Research talent ensuring appropriate fit based on audience demographics and budget
• Pre, day-of, and post-event talent management planning, facilitation, and coordination
• Development and management of pre-and post-event deliverables including talking points, photos, media relations, etc.
• Negotiation of fees, travel and logistics
• Coordination and management of all union/guild requirements, clearances, licenses, releases, usage needs and agreements
• Representation to handle all on-site talent management
• Leverage relationships to build additional and continual promotional opportunities (i.e. recurring events, social media engagement, etc.) III. Proposal Preparation and Submission
Proposals must provide the following information and documents to be considered complete.
1. Firm/consultant profile and executive summary Contact information and a brief description of the firm.
2. Approach Description and approach to the services requested in the Scope of Services section. If the firm/consultant cannot provide a specific service requested, the firm will indicate this in the response and have the option of proposing an alternate service.
3. Key personnel and qualifications Bio(s) of key personnel who will be assigned and perform the work of this contract. Please highlight unique skills, abilities, and knowledge pertaining to the proposed tasks as well as the specificity of CBCF’s mission and work.
4. References List of at least three (3) references from the Offeror’s clients and for whom the Offeror provides talent management services of the types described in this RFP (including the names and contact information of specific individuals who may be contacted). Please also include a brief description of the services provided.
5. Case Studies A minimum of five (5) examples of the work and/or case studies.
6. Fees and Expenses Please present your fee structure and compensation model (i.e. monthly retainer, commission, etc.) The Foundation will be billed a monthly retainer and/or commission fee which shall compensate the firm/consultant for work performed on behalf of the Foundation. Examples of reimbursable expenses include shipping expenses and copying up to 10 cents for color ledger. Examples of expenses that are not reimbursable, absent express approval, include computerized research, data hosting, overhead expenses and overtime expenses (including meals and transportation).
• Quality and content of proposed scope of work
• Project costs (economical and practical)
• Firm’s unique qualifications and perspectives
• Firm’s ability and capacity
• Past relevant experience
• Reputation and references
• Women-owned, minority-owned, and/or small business
January 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST
Nadia Monroe Executive Office 202.263.2800 firstname.lastname@example.org