The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to obtain proposals from qualified media buyers interested in becoming York County’s media buyer who will serve as the primary media planning resource inclusive of strategic media direction, market analysis, media negotiation, purchasing and other duties as assigned.
Central Purchasing buys goods and services for all offices, agencies and boards within York County and the York County School Division. The purpose is to:
Buy goods and services at the least cost and in a timely manner, consistent with County policy.
Realize cost savings from consolidation of purchasing actions for both organizations.
Standardize procedures for County-wide consistency in procurement policy and vendor/supplier relations.
Provide for the sale or disposal of surplus property for the County and School Division.
Central Purchasing is a member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), the Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing (VAGP), the Southeastern Virginia Governmental Purchasing Cooperative (SVGPC), and the Southeastern Virginia Public Fleet Consortium (SVPFC).
Scope of Work:
As an independent contractor, the Media Planner and Buyer will provide services and outcomes as identified by the York County Tourism Development Manager, building on and growing the County’s integrated media strategy that may include, but not be limited to, utilization of:
- Viral/mobile/social media campaigns
- Print (newspaper and magazine)
- Strategic partnerships and sponsorships
- Grassroots effort/tie-ins
- Additional opportunities as identified.
- The Media Planner and Buyer’s responsibilities are listed below:
- Media buying and execution.
- Coordinate cooperative marketing campaigns to support the overall strategy.
- Identify which media platforms are best suited for campaigns.
- Work with media with the aim of maximizing the impact of advertising campaigns through a range of
- media platforms.
- Analyze and provide data, think creatively, propose innovative strategies to make sure marketing
- campaigns reach the right target audience in the most effective way possible.
- Utilize available research, prior media plans, campaign reports, and industry trends.
- Development of reports that include campaign reports and results, weekly status, budget updates.
- Negotiate and place media buys.
- Process media invoices and make payments.
- Serve as a single point of contact with the media.
- Monitor and optimize campaign performance.
- Recap campaigns to share insights and results.
- Creative services are not required, but shall support “in house” production.
- Other endeavors as identified by the York County Tourism Development Manager.
The County’s Tourism Development Department operates on a fiscal year from July 1 through June 30, with an annual budget of approximately $90,000.00 for media buys and services identified above, from which the contractor’s commission/fee will be paid.
*Note to interested parties: The County is not responsible for travel expenses. Contractor shall be required at various times to participate in meetings, event planning, County marketing, consulting and other events that require local presence.
In providing services to the County, the firm or individual shall serve as an independent contractor. It is expected that the contractor’s provision of services shall commence immediately upon award of contract.
August 30, 2019
Top Public Relations News:
Del Norte Local Transportation Commission Issues Social Media RFP
MWW Acquires Enso Communications to Grow LA Practice
PepsiCo Teams Up to Help Chicago Kids
Creating An Influencer Marketing Strategy
Nestlé and General Mills Cereal Looking for New PR Agencies to Boost Global Branding
PR News: Mercury, Edelman, Porter Novelli & More
SKD Knickerbocker Sells To Stagwell Group For Up To $75 Million Dollars
SeaWorld Still Struggling to Move Beyond Blackfish
City of Perris Issues Government Relations & Lobbying RFP
The Facebook Effect: Strategies That Work for People-Brands