Georgia City Issues Branding RFP
The City Council of Stockbridge, Georgia (City) is seeking a branding firm for Stockbridge City, Georgia. The city is seeking a firm to provide a full range of branding services from brand assessment, to brand strategy and marketing to encourage more work, play and stay in the City. The City of Stockbridge is located in the northern part of Henry County, Georgia which was founded May 15, 1821. Henry county has an area of approximately 331 square miles located in the Piedmont Section of northern Georgia and is surrounded by the counties of Butts, Clayton, Dekalb, Newton, Rockdale and Spalding Counties. Stockbridge is a diverse city of approximately 26,071 residents located just 15 minutes south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- The City desires to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with a qualified firm who can provide a brand assessment, create a brand identity, develop a brand strategy and messaging to implement on all City levels identified;
- To create mission, messaging and branding statements that will shape current and future communication efforts by the City;
- To identify and promote what makes Stockbridge City distinct and appealing in a regionally competitive environment for investors, businesses, retailers, visitors and residents;
- To promote a healthy economy, attract private investment, new residents and young professionals, and retain key businesses;
- To develop a brand that is flexible and adaptable in order to meet the needs of a variety of departments and municipal functions within the City as well as groups and businesses within the overall brand; and
- To implement a brand that is authentic and resonates with citizens, businesses, and community groups within the City and throughout the region in order to gain the broadest possible support for the initiatives.
The successful Proponent’s basic services shall include, but not be limited to, the following professional services:
Phase I – Research/Positioning/Discovery:
- Evaluate the effectiveness and alignment of the City’s current brand, including but not limited to the logo;
- Conduct an audit of all existing materials (collateral, letters, memos, website etc.). This will include a review of other municipalities in the immediate metropolitan Atlanta area with similar demographics, population etc;
- Determine what groups will be involved in the research stage and how to engage them in the research process;
- Determine what information should be included as part of the research phase;
- Develop a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis for the City’s review;
- Develop a brand platform for the City, including positioning, personality, promise, differentiation, signage, marketing and value proposition; and
- Develop a comprehensive brand strategy (including brand architecture) for a multi-faceted brand that addresses relationships between brands, naming buildings, and service/program brand groupings.
Phase II – Establishing and Creating the Visual Identity:
- Create the brand identity including naming, logo, design, brand identity standards/guidelines/systems and incorporation and trademarking; and
- Develop a strategy to gain organizational consensus for the brand’s position determining:
Phase III – External/Internal Marketing Communications Plan:
- Develop a strategy for marketing the new brand via various strategies, including but not limited to public relations activities, marketing strategies, online/social media strategies, advertising, collateral materials, etc.
Proposal due by November 15th, 2016 to:
City of Stockbridge Finance Department
4640 North Henry Boulevard
Stockbridge, Georgia 30281