The Manassas Regional Airport has issued a marketing RFP The Manassas Regional Airport invites prospective bidders to submit proposals for general marketing services for the promotion of the Manassas Regional Airport located in the City of Manassas, Virginia. Familiarity with best practices in airport marketing and advertising is desired. The Airport is seeking to increase its based aircraft count and annual operations count as well as developing parts of the Airport for additional corporate hangars. This will require professional marketing services to proactively promote planned upgrades, future facilities and to support the attraction of new tenants and transient customers. The overall goal is to maximize the airport’s revenue potential at minimal cost, by convincing potential customers that Manassas Regional Airport offers a better value than its competitors.
Manassas Regional Airport (HEF), the busiest general aviation airport in the Commonwealth of Virginia, is conveniently located 30 miles from Washington, DC. The Airport caters to general aviation aircraft which range from Piper Cubs to Boeing Business Jets. Some of the services provided include: aircraft fuel and sales, aircraft repairs, aircraft sales, flight training, aircraft storage, and charter services. The Airport is located with direct access to Interstates 66 and 95. There are approximately 90,000 aircraft operations per year and approximately 400 based aircraft at the Airport. In the 2017 Virginia Airport System Economic Impact Study reported that the Manassas Regional Airport provided a total of $375.5 million in economic impact to the surrounding community.
The Manassas Regional Airport seeks a marketing firm to consult, guide and execute comprehensive marketing initiatives and communication strategies for Manassas Regional Airport Commission and the Airport Staff.
The scope of services includes three (3) primary components: research and discovery; creative concept development; and campaign and advertisement.
- Research And Discovery:
- Develop goals and objectives for strategic marketing plan.
- Analysis and report on marketing and advertising initiatives within the airport industry, regional marketplace, business environment, new trends, best practices and more.
iii. Evaluate Advertising Placement and Statistics.
- Contractor must be able to collect, tabulate, summarize, analyze and report the effectiveness of placed advertising. Contractor shall develop online advertising summary reports that will include but not be limited to, impressions, click through rates, cost per click, and/or total spend. The reports will be used to determine benchmarks for evaluation, or conclusion to provide recommendations on future placement. In addition, contractor will produce evaluation reports and statistics that will be used by Airport for community and airline presentations.
- Creative Concept Development:
Proposing realistic marketing strategy and associated tactics that elevates the exposure of Manassas Regional Airport to identified audiences. This strategy should include:
- Advertising content.
- Tactic for enhancing exposure via earned media
iii. Translate creative concepts to produce print and electronic materials.
- Campaign and Advertisement:
The Manassas Regional Airport places advertisements online and in print in numerous national, regional and local outlets. The contents and advertisements may differ, being unique to each target audience or due to the message to be conveyed. The Department requires the following services to meet its advertising objectives, including but not limited to:
- Graphic Design Services
- Video Production
- Geofencing campaign
- Advertising Plan, i.e.: television, billboards, internet, magazines, radio, mobile devices
- ADDITIONAL RELATED SERVICES:
Additional task order assignments beyond the three (3) primary components may be required as the Airport believes it to be in their best interests, including but not limited to: public relations, social media and others.
CITY OF MANASSAS
8500 PUBLIC WORKS DRIVE
MANASSAS, VA 20110