Marketing Of Texas Wines RFP Issued
The purpose of the Texas Vintners Cup Wine Competition will be to promote the Texas wine grape industry and its finished product – Texas Wines. The scope of services for this project includes the development, promotion and execution of a statewide, Texas-only wines, wine competition. The winners of the wine competition would be featured in a case and promoted to wine lovers across Texas and the US.
General Information The Texas wine industry is one of the fastest growing agriculture sectors in the state and provides more than $13.1B in economic impact to Texas….that’s more than the cattle industry! And with more than 500 wines across the entire State, people still don’t know about Texas wines, or if they do, they don’t know that Texas wines are as good, if not better, than Napa or Italian wines. The Texas Wine Marketing Program would like to quickly announce for entries to the Texas wine industry, for wines made with at least 75% Texas grapes.
Contract Goals Texas Agriculture Code, Section 50B.002 requires the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), in consultation with the Texas Wine Industry Development Advisory Committee, to develop a vision and marketable identity for the Texas wine industry. To meet that duty, and to carry out its obligations under its Specialty Crop Block Grant with the United States Department of Agriculture, the following goals have been established for a contract resulting from this Request for Proposals (RFP): GOAL 1. Plan, coordinate and execute Texas Vintners Cup Wine Competition;
GOAL 2. Raise awareness and perception of Texas wines among the public from the media associated with this competition; and
GOAL 3. Increase awareness and positive impressions of Texas wines among local and domestic readers of influential wine magazines and other publications, with the goal of increasing sales of Texas wines.
STATEMENT OF WORK (SOW) – SPECIFICATIONS | REQUIREMENTS
The purpose of the Texas Vintners Cup Wine Competition will be to promote the Texas wine grape industry and its finished product – Texas Wines. The scope of services for this project includes the development, promotion and execution of a statewide, Texasonly wines, wine competition. The winners of the wine competition would be featured in a case and promoted to wine lovers across Texas and the US.
The competition shall require Contractor to perform the following services:
1. Prepare announcement to Texas wineries, including the announcement for entries, and recruitment, via all state wine associations for participation in the first Texas Vintners Cup Wine Competition;
2. Advertise the competition to the public in a statewide magazine publication;
3. Recruit and hire local and national certified sommelier(s) as judges to travel to Texas for scoring of the wine entries;
4. Secure receiving of wine entries and venue for competition;
5. Establish the competitive categories of red, white, and rose wines awarding four (4) winners for each category;
6. Following selection of 12 winners, create a 10-page article/spread in statewide credited “Texas” magazine highlighting the Texas wine industry and announcing the winning wines/wineries in October, Texas Wine Month;
7. Publish piece in the October issue for Texas Wine Month; and
8. Assist with consumer/reader/subscriber contest to win the “case of wines” according to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) rules and regulations.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION LOCATION:
Texas Department of Agriculture
Stephen F. Austin
Bldg. 1700 North Congress Avenue Ste. 1100
Austin, Texas 78701
PROPOSAL/RESPONSE DUE: June 11, 2021