Marketing RFP Issued By Southern Nevada Health District
The Southern Nevada Health District’s (“Health District”) Office of Disease Surveillance and Control (“ODSC”) is requesting proposals from qualified media and/or marketing contractors to develop a targeted marketing campaign to promote HIV awareness for Collect2Protect online HIV and STD testing, PrEP/PEP resources and condom distribution (“Project”).
The Health District was created in 1962 when the State Legislature combined the health departments of the county and several adjoining cities. The Health District is one of the largest local public health organizations in the United States, serving more than 2.2 million residents and safeguarding the public health of more than 42 million visitors to Las Vegas annually. The mission of the Health District is, “To assess, protect, and promote the health, the environment, and the well-being of Southern Nevada communities, residents, and visitors.” The Health District is governed by the Southern Nevada District Board of Health (“Board”). The Board is vested with jurisdiction over all public health matters within Clark County, Nevada.
Scope of Work:
1. The selected contractor will provide professional consultation, program/campaign development,
creative development, implementation, and analysis, and specifically work with ODSC to
develop, implement, and execute a statewide marketing campaign that will promote the Health
District’s Collect2Protect online HIV/STD testing services and provide information about
PrEP/PEP services and condom distribution. The statewide approach is intended to inform at risk
and hard to reach (rural) populations across Nevada of the availability and convenience of online
services including ordering HIV/STD kits online.
2. ODSC will provide geographic locations throughout the state, target populations ODSC seeks to
impact and details of the Health District’s Collect2Protect services including graphics, logo and
links. ODSC will have final approval of marketing campaign materials prior to distribution.
3. The selected contractor and ODSC will meet weekly during the duration of the marketing
campaign to ensure expectations, objectives, and deliverables are aligned. The selected contractor
will also provide ODSC a monthly data analysis report detailing the campaign’s impact and the
number of people reached.
B. Project Location
The marketing campaign will be statewide. The contractor is not required to be located in Nevada.
C. Project Activities
1. Targeted display ads from September-December 2021
2. Search engine marketing
3. Facebook/Instagram ads
4. Website remarketing
5. Programmatic native display
6. Hyperlocal geofencing.
D. Project Deliverables
1. Optimizing awareness of the Health District’s Collect2Protect online services
2. Key messaging to specific target populations provided by ODSC staff
3. Thoughtful, relevant, engaging content for ads, displays, etc. to invoke one’s knowledge of
HIV status by decreasing HIV statistics in Nevada
4. Creative social media and social marketing development
5. Statewide strategic approach for those hard to reach (rural) populations
6. Help increase HIV/STD awareness to encourage HIV/STD testing, PrEP/PEP services and
information on condom distribution
Due Date: September 21, 2021 12:00 PM PDT
80 S. DECATUR BLVD. LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89107
Relevant agencies worth considering for this assignment include Magrino PR and Prosek Partners.