The NC State Bureau of Investigation is in the process of developing plans to rebrand itself with a new logo, tagline, and website redesign. This Request for Information (RFI) is intended to collect information and recommendations regarding: The rebranding of the SBI logo, tagline, and website redesign. The rebranding will allow the Agency to communicate their newly established brand in a way that better connects with the citizens of NC and other law enforcement agencies while building awareness among these key stakeholders.
The vendor will assist with the Agency’s very specific needs and be a one-stop shop operation that can offer each and/or all of these services nearly simultaneously or in succinct phases in a way that keeps the project moving forward without delay. The SBI seeks to rebrand itself and increase awareness, it is imperative that the final messaging is clear, concise cohesive and reflective of the SBI’s mission and values. SBI Mission: The SBI’s mission is to secure a more effective administration of the criminal laws of the state by investigating crimes, identifying and apprehending criminals, and preparing evidence for use in criminal courts. SBI Vision: Honesty, Integrity, Promise-Keeping, Fidelity, Justice, Caring for Others, Respect for Others, Responsible Citizenship, Pursuit of Excellence and Accountability
The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) is the lead state law enforcement agency in North Carolina with just under 500 sworn and non-sworn employees. Established in 1937, the SBI works to support the citizens of the state as well as other law enforcement agencies. We are often called upon by local police departments, sheriffs’ offices and district attorneys to assist with various types of investigations including officer involved shootings, in-custody deaths, homicide, drug and fire investigations, etc. In addition, the SBI has original jurisdiction in a number of areas including, but not limited to, human trafficking, child sexual abuse in day care centers, computer crimes against children, arson and narcotics investigations, election law violations, crimes involving state property and weapons of mass destruction. The State requests detailed point-by-point responses showing how your firm would address the items in the following sections of this RFI.
Scope of Work:
The contractor/vendor will be expected to complete the Scope of Work described below:
A. Assist the SBI and its Public Information Director to develop comprehensive branding campaign to include a new logo, tagline and redesigned website:
1) Consult with representatives from SBI leadership and operating divisions, to include at a minimum discovery of the department’s products and services, key audiences, and articulation of desired business goals for the purposes of implementing a new branding campaign (logo, tagline, website).
2) Review and analyze the department’s current website and branding/marketing infrastructure to include a thorough content inventory and analysis of the website as well as content published online by the SBI.
3) Recommend content/communications formats to ideally implement a new branding campaign (user-friendly website design that incorporates the new logo and tagline)
B. Formulate a comprehensive plan to develop a major redesign of the agency’s primary web presence at ncsbi.gov that includes:
1) Review and analyze existing site(s) analytic data, research, and previously generated recommendations from various sources to support the redevelopment of the agency’s web presence at ncsbi.gov.
2) Consultation and leadership to support the agency throughout the planning and design phase of the web redesign project.
3) Develop a project charter document for the new logo, tagline and web redesign project.
4) Develop and execute a plan to capture and document internal stakeholders’ perceptions regarding the current website and the desired vision and functionality for the future site
5) Analyze and document content inventory of ncsbi.gov
6) Develop an Information Architecture (IA) for the new site
7) Develop a content strategy plan for the new website
8) Compile and document features and functions of the sit te that are currently in use; assess performance and audience perceptions of these functions and compile, document and prioritize potential feature enhancements or new functionality
9) Define and document user interface requirements with internal project team and business unit/division representatives
10) Develop and document a system security and content governance model including user role architecture
11) Develop and document a content migration strategy and plan, based on the new IA and available internal and external personnel
12) Develop a quality assurance and testing strategy for the new website
13) Develop and document a comprehensive statement of work for the execution and build, implementation, and closeout phases of the website redesign project.
All intellectual property rights shall be vested in the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
RFI NO. 19-RFI-015274-PTW RFI NO. 19-RFI-015274-PTW Department of Public Safety Attn: Tim Pendergrass Purchasing and Logistics Office 3030 Hammond Business Place Raleigh, NC. 27603
Top Public Relations News:
North Carolina Department of Transportation Issues PR RFP
Nectar Mattress: Best Brand & Marketing
Islamic Preacher Linked To Terrorism And Isis Hires PR Agency
Samsung had a great 2016 — really!
News From Hawkins, Fenton, Weber Shandwick, APCO, and WE Communications
Company Profile: Accent Public Relations
EvolveMKD: Growing into An Award-Winning Agency
Washington Pulse Crops Commission Issues Marketing RFP
North Van Arts Issues Marketing RFP
Corder Philips Chosen by Park Sterling [UPDATE: Corder Philips Closed Down]