Marketing RFP Issued By The University of Victoria
The University of Victoria (UVic) is seeking proposals from qualified suppliers for marketing and communications services specified in this SRFP
The University of Victoria (UVic), one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research universities, is a rich and supportive learning community for students and faculty alike. Widely recognized for leadership in research, inspired teaching and community engagement, UVic provides innovative undergraduate and graduate programs for over 20,000 students. Internationally recognized research at UVic spans the basic and applied sciences through to the fine and performing arts with recognized strengths in areas such as global change and sustainability, society and health, oceans and climate, and Indigenous and cultural studies. Further information about the University of Victoria is available at www.uvic.caCurrently, UVic has a considerable number of programs that connect external partners with UVic faculty and students (“Innovation Assets”).
These Innovation Assets include entrepreneurship programs directed towards training, mentorship, spin-off company development, and incubation, and also research programs in key sectors of interest such as clean technology, oceans, sustainability, materials and medical technology. UVic is in the process of launching a new overarching program (“Innovation Network”) as a means of better organizing, coordinating, and communicating activity in these assets and making these programs and activities more accessible to the general public and business community. UVic seeks to create a distinct name and brand for the Innovation Network that is an umbrella brand (“Brand”) for all of these Innovation Assets. The Brand must identify the Innovation Network while also preserving existing individual branding for each Innovation Asset.
Scope of Work
UVic is seeking a marketing and communications agency to:
• Assist in creating a name for the new Innovation Network at UVic;
• Design a new “look and feel” including logo, colour palette, typography, and tagline to complement current UVic messaging and branding;
• Produce a style guide instruction UVic and contractors on how to apply the brand consistently to a wide range of Network communications;
• Create templates for the agreed upon suite of Network communications featuring the new brand. Templates should include:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Newspaper announcements
- Digital products such as:
- Email announcements
- Website announcements
- Digital Media advertising
- Social Media postings
• Provide guidance on how to incorporate logos for multi-partner projects, given that the Network is an umbrella for other program units, advise on branding for project partnerships and other initiatives.
Should the Proponent’s proposal be successful, the Proponent will enter into a contract in substantially the same form as UVic’s Non-Academic, Short-Form Services Agreement, which is available in Bonfire
14:00:00 PM PT on January 4, 2022
Relevant agencies to consider include Edelman PR.