Media RFP Issued By Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter is looking for a Media Partner for the 2021 National Philanthropy Celebration set to take place virtually in November 2021.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is an international association and the only association representing the entire fundraising profession. It exists to foster the development and growth of fundraising professionals, to preserve and enhance philanthropy and volunteerism, and to promote the highest ethical standards in the fundraising profession worldwide. The AFP Greater Detroit Chapter (AFP GDC) has more than 300 members from seven counties in southeast Michigan. AFP GDC increases the professionalism of fundraisers and promotes the role and value of those fundraisers through cutting-edge educational programs and an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical standards. For more information about the organization go to: https://community.afpglobal.org/afpmigreaterdetroitchapter/home National Philanthropy Day National Philanthropy Day (NPD) is a special celebration conducted internationally by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and held each November. Its purpose is to recognize the great contributions of philanthropy and those volunteers and organizations active in the philanthropic community. Each year the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter presents one of the nation’s largest local celebrations of National Philanthropy Day. Our local event honors individual, corporate, and foundation philanthropy and volunteers in the nonprofit community in the greater Detroit area. We recognize distinguished volunteers from 50+ nonprofit organizations and present 10 special awards including the very prestigious Max M. Fisher Award for Outstanding Philanthropist and the George W. Romney Award for Lifetime Achievement in Volunteerism. In most years our celebration has culminated with an awards gala with over 700 attendees. In 2020 due to Covid-19, we celebrated with a 1 ½ hour television and streaming show on Detroit Public Television reaching approximately 9,900 viewers between the live show and recorded show. The show recognized distinguished volunteers and philanthropists. It also served as a platform to discuss the role of nonprofits in the Detroit area and the importance of supporting those nonprofits. The 2020 show included segments from Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Mayor Mike Duggan and recognized celebrities like Mitch Albom. In 2021 we will once again celebrate National Philanthropy Day with a televised show in November.
Scope of Work:
Media Partner The Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter is looking for a media partner.
This partner will help:
• Encourage nonprofits to submit distinguished volunteers
• Help recognize distinguished volunteers and award winners before and after the NPD event
• Help promote the National Philanthropy Day television show
• Help promote access to videos related to the show
• Help raise the awareness of AFP Greater Detroit and the value of fundraisers Some of the activities the media partner has done in the past include:
• Promotions and recognitions through print media
• Promotions and recognitions through digital media
• Promotions and recognitions on social media
• Promotions and recognitions through the media partner’s database contacts
• Hosting a private roundtable of top philanthropy/fundraising executives
• Interviews with honorees and AFP GDC key leaders leading to stories about philanthropy, volunteerism, and AFP GDC Please Respond to the following If you are interested in becoming AFP GDC’s 2021 NPD Media Partner, please respond with the following:
1. Organization contact information
2. Proposed marketing plan with estimated reach of each marketing activity
3. Proposed written agreement clearly stating:
a. What you will provide as the Media Partner
i. We are open to new ideas and suggestions
b. What you expect AFP GDC to provide in return
i. We are open to new ideas and suggestions.
February 26, 2021
Sarah Dysinger, National Philanthropy Day Manager email@example.com 248-579-5004
Relevant agencies include Porter Novelli and Zeno Group.