MEDIA RFP ISSUED BY SACRAMENTO REGIONAL COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICT
The Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (Regional San) and Sacramento Area Sewer District (SASD) provide wastewater collection, conveyance, and treatment services to over one million residents in the greater Sacramento region. Regional San In 1973, the County of Sacramento and Cities of Sacramento and Folsom coordinated to form Regional San, which assumed responsibility for regional wastewater conveyance and treatment. Regional San built the Sacramento Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant (SRWTP) near Elk Grove and a vast interceptor conveyance system to link the area’s local sewage collection systems to the treatment plant. SRWTP began providing service in 1982. Regional San’s mission statement is as follows: “Regional San protects public health and the environment by conveying, treating, and recovering resources from wastewater— responsibly and cost-effectively.” SASD SASD is a sewage collection utility providing service to more than one million people in the Sacramento region. SASD’s service area includes the unincorporated areas of Sacramento County; the cities of Citrus Heights, Rancho Cordova, and Elk Grove; and portions of the cities of Folsom and Sacramento. SASD serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
SASD owns and operates thousands of miles of sewer pipes and is responsible for the operations and maintenance of these sewer pipes. Sewage collected in the SASD system flows into the Regional San interceptor system, where it is conveyed to the SRWTP. SASD’s mission statement is as follows: “To protect public health and the environment by efficiently and effectively collecting sewage for our community.”
Media buying and creative services for both SASD and Regional San are managed by a joint Public Affairs Office. SASD and Regional San work to build brand awareness with our customers while highlighting the collection, conveyance, and treatment of wastewater, and the services we provide throughout the Sacramento region. A variety of advertising mediums are currently used, including print, broadcast, outdoor, and digital. These advertisements help us reach and educate our customers throughout our service areas.
Scope of Work:
SASD and Regional San are soliciting proposals from qualified businesses that conduct Media Buying and Creative Services in the Sacramento-area media market through the issuance of this Request for Proposals (RFP).
SASD and Regional San intend to award and execute separate contracts with one or more full-service Media Buying firms.
SASD and Regional San plan to contract with one or more media buying firms in order to meet a variety of needs. The firms should have experience in media strategy, planning, and buying in the Sacramento-area media market. Additionally, the selected firm(s) should have experience with measurement related to cause‐related messaging for public agencies. The firms should understand the target audience across all media, strategize reach, negotiate the best placement and rates, and leverage in‐kind publicity. Media buying services will require audience identification, budget parameters, negotiations with media outlets, placement of ads, management of make‐goods, verification, and post-buy analyses. The firms will provide monthly and annual performance reports for all media campaigns and will work with the SASD and/or Regional San to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency. The firms selected under this RFP will be required to develop a media plan at the beginning of the contract term for SASD’s and/or Regional San’s approval. SASD and/or Regional San will approve all individual media placements to ensure an appropriate distribution. In addition to buying media placements, SASD and/or Regional San expect the firms to request that media outlets provide in‐kind publicity (e.g. public service announcements, strategic public events, etc.) from each media outlet.
The firm will be responsible for achieving a variety of media placement objectives, including, but not limited to the following:
· Create a Media Buying Strategic Plan for each campaign, based upon market and media research;
· Utilize the most efficient combination of advertising media to meet stated strategic goals;
· Efficiently schedule, place, and manage media buys;
· Reach the target audience on a regular basis to maximize impressions;
· Provide post‐buy analyses for each media outlet;
· Provide monthly and annual media performance audit for each campaign;
· Process and pay invoices to media outlets directly. Affidavits should show evidence of satisfactory payment history between the firm and the media outlets.
Services requested include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Presentations to Client
· Coordination Meetings with Client
Media Strategy and Planning Services
· Research and Strategic Plan Development
· Audience Media Usage Analysis
· Market and Industry Reports
· Content Curation for a variety of print, digital, and commercial scripting
· Creative services (including graphic design of advertisements and video production for commercials)
· Ability to translate content into multiple languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, etc.)
Traditional Media Buying Services
· Out‐of‐Home Digital Media Buying Services
· Social Media Advertising
· In‐stream Video Ads
· Search/Pay‐Per‐Click Marketing Campaign Management
· Search Engine Optimization
Media Measurement Services
· Performance Reporting (monthly and annually)
· Return on Investment/Post‐Buy Analysis
Friday, April 23, 2021 by 4:00 p.m
Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District Sacramento Area Sewer District Attn: Nicole Coleman, Public Affairs Manager 10060 Goethe Road Sacramento, CA 95827