Missouri Symphony Society Issues Marketing RFP
The Missouri Symphony Society is seeking to hire a marketing agency. The Missouri Symphony Society (MOSS) is a not-for-profit arts organization, which was founded over 40 years ago. The organization’s mission is to engage diverse audiences through exceptional performances of symphonic music and to educate and mentor young performers.
The Missouri Symphony Orchestra, a 60 member professional, resident orchestra under the direction of Artistic Director Kirk Trevor, has a reputation for musical excellence. It presents the six-week Hot Summer Nights Music Festival, the largest classical and pops festival in the mid-America region. In addition the orchestra provides a holiday concert, Symphony of Toys, with plans to expand to more performances per year.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Branding of the Missouri Symphony Society and its programs: the Missouri Symphony Orchestra, the Missouri Symphony Conservatory and the Women’s Symphony League, including:
- Review existing quantitative research available through the League of American Orchestras and other organizations
- Investigate the impact of the current image in the community
- Evaluate whether names, Missouri Symphony Society (including Women’s Symphony League, Missouri Symphony Conservatory), are appropriate for the organization’s mission and goals and make recommendations for changes.
- Develop a “brand positioning statement” that provides a clear understanding of what MOSS stands for at its best. The statement should establish an overarching guide for initiatives and communications when conveying MOSS’s image.
- Develop a brand concept, to include message, tagline and logo that are adaptable for use in membership, student, sponsor and attendance attraction and retention.
- Develop a style guide that outlines correct brand usage, to include print and publication specifications and graphic standards, editorial, web, and broadcast styles, as well as trademark search and registration.
- Recommend and describe specific necessary elements (but not include design) to deliver the brand message; i.e., printed collateral, social media marketing, online/print advertising, Web site design, public relations, special events.
- Develop a marketing plan that identifies short and long term strategies for promoting MOSS.
- Develop a strategy to gain organizational consensus for the brand’s position.
- Promotion for annual Hot Summer Nights Music Festival (HSN), the Conservatory and the Serenade, the Conservatory fund raiser. Contractor will provide a set price to work with Executive Director and Artistic Director
Proposal due by Oct 21st, 2016 to:
The Missouri Symphony Society
PO Box 841
Columbia, MO 65205-0841