Montgomery College Issues Media Relations RFP
Montgomery College (MC) a public, open access community college located in Montgomery County, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C. is seeking a media relations firm. The college has three campuses, the largest of which is in Rockville. Its other campuses are in Takoma Park/Silver Spring and Germantown. Its off-campus sites include the Business Training Center in Gaithersburg and Westfield South in Wheaton, which are operated by the college’s Workforce Development and Continuing Education division.
Required Work Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal communications requests from administrators, faculty, and staff, including writing, editing and distribution of college wide memorandums, and including content management of College’s campus display monitors via centralized CMS. List of Duties:
- Write, edit, and distribute college wide communications/memos from senior administrators through the MC Communications inbox; Respond to internal communications issues and crises.
- Media Relations:
- Assist in media relations and public relations strategies to showcase the College’s people, programs, events, and activities. List of Duties:
- Develop media mailing lists to target external outreach, press releases, pitches, etc.;
- Connect with the College’s subject matter experts including faculty and administration adhering to strict deadlines;
- Coordinate interviews or gather information to be interviewed by the news media.
- Generate subject matter contact lists to be used for pitching stories and spokespersons to journalists.
- Promote Events:
- Assist faculty and staff with publicity for college wide events (public speakers, student affairs) that may interest the news media or the College community.
- Events Calendar:
- Oversee, edit, and approve College online calendar of events under direction of media relations director.
- Assist team with social media tools including, but not limited to, Social media aggregator, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. List of Duties:
- In coordination with social media team, serve as administrator and contributor for College social media platforms, ensuring timely and compelling content for the College audiences.
- Cover events, take photos and generate content as needed for publications, newsletters and social media.
Proposal due by November 2 to:
Office of Procurement
900 Hungerford Drive, Suite 110
Rockville, MD 20850
Leading Washington, DC PR firms include Ketchum PR & Burson Marsteller.