Among its many honors at the 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide was also named Network of the Year.
Overall, the agency won 83 Lions across all categories, including 1 Grand Prix, 12 Gold, 20 Silver and 50 Bronze. Ogilvy & Mather also placed 305 finalists in the festival. This new winning total breaks last year’s record of 61 award wins (12 Gold, 17 Silver, and 32 Bronze).
Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer at Ogilvy & Mather and Film & Press Jury President at Cannes 2012 shared his enthusiasm for the distinction:
“We are delighted to be crowned Network of the Year in Cannes 2012 on top of winning a Grand Prix and 83 Lions. The awards are a reflection of our strong creative and management teams, our client relationships, and our agency culture that places its emphasis on creativity. It’s great to be recognized by our peers.”
Across the Network 12 Golds were awarded – across all categories – for the following campaigns:
- 3x Gold for ‘The Return of Dictator Ben Ali’, Ogilvy & Mather Tunisia (2x Promo & Activation; and Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Sprite Shower,’ Ogilvy & Mather Brasil – Sao Paulo ( Promo & Activation)
- 1 x Gold for its Carling Black Label ‘Be The Coach,’ Ogilvy Cape Town (Branded Content & Entertainment)
- 1x Gold for its Claro TV ‘Half of HBO for free,’ Ogilvy & Mather Guatemala (Direct)
- 1 x Gold for its Claro ‘A’ ‘T’ ‘S’ ‘I’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brasil (Press)
- 1x Gold for its IBM ‘THINK’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather NY (Design)
- 1x Gold for its Hellman’s ‘Recipe Receipt’ campaign, Ogilvy & Matcher Brasil (Promo & Activation)
- 1x Gold for its ‘Coke Hands’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather, China (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Forbes ‘Donald Trump’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Brazil (Outdoor)
- 1x Gold for its Coca-Cola ‘Share a Coke’ campaign, Ogilvy & Mather Sydney (Outdoor)