The City of Port Orchard’s population and demand for services is growing and expected to grow significantly by 2040. With significant growth comes new challenges for the City to communicate effectively with the public and within city departments. The City has multiple projects underway to improve public utilities, transportation, parks and other significant projects such as master planning exercises that will shape the future of our community. Proactive internal and external communication is vital to informing our citizens about the City’s plans and to solicit input and engagement from the community. The City desires to secure the services of a communications professional to create a strategy, build messaging and serve as an advisor for matters that need communication.
Scope of Work
The successful firm/candidate will work with the Mayor and staff to create website content, and draft social media posts, press releases and public notices. Consultants will be expected to be experienced and capable in the following areas:
The City of Port Orchard seeks to expand on a social media strategy that provides timely and relevant information about City projects and activities. The communications consultant will:
• Develop an annual calendar with anticipated announcement dates and updates around key projects and initiatives
• Craft messaging with Mayor and senior staff as appropriate
• Collaborate with community pages
• Develop and maintain relationships with local news and media outlets including Kitsap, King and Pierce counties
• Draft and disseminate City news stories on a timely basis
• Coordinate interviews and articles with local journalists
• Develop guidelines for City employees to communicate with public
• Develop messaging for City to communicate with staff
• Identify opportunities for city officials to participate in community activities.
• Develop and execute events/activities for city officials to interact with constituents outside of City Hall.
The consulting firm’s Proposal shall be limited to 10 pages, double sided excluding resumes, cover sheet and cover letter. Submittals shall include a completed and signed Non-Collusion Affidavit form (Attachment A).
Please submit THREE copies of your Proposal to: City of Port Orchard, RE: RFP for Public Relations, Marketing and Communications, 216 Prospect Street, Port Orchard, WA 98366, Brandy Rinearson, City Clerk no later than 2:00 p.m. on Friday, January 14, 2022. Submittals will not be accepted after that time and date.
All costs incurred in the preparation of a Proposal, participation in this RFP and negotiation process shall be borne by the proposing firms.
No later than 2:00 p.m. on Friday, January 14, 2022
City of Port Orchard, RE: RFP for Public Relations, Marketing and Communications,
216 Prospect Street, Port Orchard, WA 98366, and Brandy Rinearson, City Clerk