RFP Information for 2021 Cover Crop Marketing Campaign
The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship runs a short marketing campaign each summer to encourage farmers and landowners in Iowa to enroll in the state’s conservation cost-share program. The program incentivizes farmers and landowners to add conservation practices, like cover crops, to their fields to improve the health of their soils and protect water quality in Iowa and downstream. In 2020, 3,500 farmers and landowners enrolled in the program
SCOPE OF WORK
If you are interested in this project, please provide details for a project that would:
· Uses a mix of 30-second radio ads on farm broadcast stations, digital ads on agricultural trade publications’ websites, Facebook advertising, and digital re-targeting strategies.
· Targets farmers and landowners living in Grundy, Black Hawk, Tama, Benton, Linn, Hamilton, Boone, Story, Polk, Jasper, Mahaska, Keokuk, Buena Vista, Pocahontas, Sac, Calhoun, Carroll, Greene, Dallas, Wright, Kossuth, Hancock and Humboldt counties.
· Estimates the size of the target audience and potential reach of the campaign.
· Includes weekly performance reports and a full performance report after the campaign ends.
· Digital ad engagement (clicks, likes, shares and views)
· IDALS will own this data.
· Monitors the performance of the digital ads and optimizes them throughout the campaign.
· Summarizes the marketing campaign’s performance after it concludes
· Runs from early July to mid-August 2021
· Has a campaign budget that shall be between $24,000 – $26,000
· Other requirements
· The Respondent should have extensive experience in branding and marketing related to agriculture/crops in the State of Iowa.
· The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship will provide the radio ad script, digital ad copy and graphics.
· The selected vendor must produce the 30-second radio spot and production costs should be included in the cost proposal.
· The selected vendor should provide contracting and invoicing through one contact.
Submit proposal by June 28th at 1:00 pm to:
Wallace State Office Building
502 E. 9th St. Des Moines, IA 50319