San Jose State University has issued an RFP for an advertising agency.
Founded in 1857, San José State is the oldest public institution of higher education on the West Coast. From its beginnings as a normal school to train teachers for the developing frontier, SJSU has matured into a metropolitan university offering more than 145 areas of study with an additional 108 concentrations. SJSU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
San José State University requires the use of an advertising broker to facilitate reduced rates for advertising packages; post jobs on behalf of the University; and provide expertise on additional advertising as required.
Scope of Work Summary
In order to maximize its advertising dollars and human capital resources, San José State University requires the use of an advertising broker to facilitate reduced rates for advertising packages; post jobs on behalf of the University; and provide expertise on additional advertising, as required.
- Post jobs on standard sites within two (2) business days
- Provide price quotes for non-standard sites within two (2) business days
- Quotes should be organized by packages in one section with individual ads in a separate section
- Advertising locations should always be listed in the same order
- Quotes should include edited job announcement(s), if applicable
- Post jobs on non-standard sites within two (2) business days of receiving approval from SJSU HR
- Include link to SJSU Careers page in all job postings (sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs/)
- Provide itemized spreadsheet of all sites and costs per posting within five (5) business days of the job being posted
- Spreadsheet should be organized by packages in one section with individual ads in a separate section
- Spreadsheet should include the link to the posting on the specific site
- Provide online proof of ad for each site either with a link to the posting or an online tear sheet
- Provide monthly summary of all invoices for the specific month
- Summary should include SJSU Job ID, job title, posting location(s), and cost
- Provide quarterly report of unique visits to standard and non-standard job posting sites
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual report of all expenditures, advertising locations and jobs posted
- Provide support via phone and email during standard business hours
- Remove postings within one (1) business day of request
- For packages with unlimited postings, repost/keep ad posted until SJSU HR requests removal
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to ensure packages and postings are cost effective for the University
- Provide expertise on best places to advertise jobs with rationale on recommendation
- Provide a dedicated representative and a backup to work with SJSU HR
- Provide additional support during peak advertising times, both for the University and the Contractor
Proposal due by October 19 to:
SJSU Purchasing Department
129 South 10th Street
San Jose, CA 95192-0047