The City of Santa Monica, California has issued an Request for Proposal (RFP) for a marketing agency.
The City of Santa Monica is inviting proposals from qualified firms interested in providing marketing and community outreach services to support three of the City’s five Strategic Goals.
PROJECT DESCRIPTIONS/ SCOPE OF WORK
In August 2015, the Santa Monica City Council considered a host of possible policy and project initiatives and ultimately prioritized five goals that are expected to have the greatest affirmative effect on community safety, wellbeing, prosperity, quality of life and sustainability. The Five Strategic Goals inform and help prioritize the work of City staff over the coming years, as it continues to provide essential City services and programs. The individual/firm(s) to whom this Contract is awarded will work closely with, and on behalf of, the Office of Communications and partnering with a range of City staff to integrate work, provide expert and creative marketing and community outreach planning and implementation support.
The selected firm(s) will develop an integrated marketing and community outreach plan to elevate the strategic goals (listed below) that compliments “GoSaMo”, the City of Santa Monica’s campaign that was launched in May 2016 to elevate the Mobility strategic goal.
Project 1: Homelessness
For the more than 700 homeless individuals in Santa Monica and over 44,000 living in Los Angeles County, life is a year-round struggle. Santa Monica has long been a leader in providing resources and assistance to the most vulnerable members of society. The City is a leader in providing support and services to address homelessness and desires to raise the level of awareness among residents, businesses, and visitors and work together to tackle this issue. The marketing and outreach efforts for this Strategic Goal include educating, informing, and engaging residents, businesses, and visitors so they may gain an understanding of the City’s commitment and efforts in addressing homelessness and embark on behavior changes that participate in and/or support solutions.
Project 2: Inclusive + Diverse Community
The focus of this goal is to maintain an inclusive and diverse community, through efforts like increasing affordable housing, celebrating diversity, raising workers’ incomes, and helping Santa Monicans stay in their homes. The marketing and outreach efforts for this Strategic Goal include educating, informing, and engaging residents, businesses, and employees so they may gain an understanding of the City’s commitment and efforts to ensure Santa Monica is an inclusive and diverse community.
Project 3: Learn + Thrive
Lifelong learning has been a priority in Santa Monica for many years, shaped through the City’s collaboration with schools, service providers, residents and community leaders. Learn + Thrive builds upon the work already accomplished by the Santa Monica Cradle to Career Initiative (SMC2C), and through the wide range of cultural, art, educational and recreational classes, story-times and workshops offered by the City’s Community and Cultural Services Department and our five-star public library system. The marketing and outreach efforts for this Strategic Goal include educating, informing, and engaging residents, businesses, and employees so they may gain an understanding of the City’s commitment and efforts in ensuring residents and employees have an environment to learn and thrive in Santa Monica.
Marketing and outreach efforts related to the Strategic Goals may include:
- Development an overarching, integrated campaign to support desired outcomes
- All strategies must comply with City ordinances. The integrated marketing and outreach plan should include a variety of tactics that will be implemented across an entire year including:
- Community education. This strategy will address methods for describing and/or demonstrating the opportunities and challenges associated with meeting the objectives of each Strategic Goal.
- General promotion/advertising. This strategy will address print and digital mass media promotion/advertising.
- Targeted promotion/advertising. This strategy will define market specific advertising, such as multi-lingual, geographic, and targeted market segments.
- Experiential marketing. Development of experiential tactics to encourage the community to gain an understanding of the City’s approach to addressing each Strategic Goal.
- PR/Earned/Social Media. This strategy will leverage local and regional PR/earned media opportunities to bring the information to new audiences.
- Community outreach. This strategy will define methods for communicating with members of the community utilizing a variety of outreach tactics including, but not limited to: website, social media, brochures, mobile technology, direct mail, earned media and ad buys.
- Government and community relations. This strategy will identify tactics for keeping community leaders informed about progress in addressing the Strategic Goals and encouraging their support.
- Execution of tasks may include, but are not limited to, development and implementation of graphics, copy, and print and digital collateral of all marketing and communication materials.
- Implementation of all aspects of the marketing and community outreach plan in partnership with the Office of Communications.
Proposal due by Oct 24th, 2016 to:
City Manager’s Office
Office of Communications
1685 Main Street, Room 209
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Top Public Relations News:
Ducks Unlimited Canada Seeks Marketing Firm
Redmond, Washington Issues Marketing RFP
Qorvis Communications and Himle Rapp & Company in the News
Survey: TV advertising, a steady sales driver in Germany
State of Colorado Issues Public Relations RFP
Wyoming Seeks Public Relations Firm
The Power of Executive Advocates and Social Media
Center for Industrial Research & Service Issues Internet Marketing RFP
EComm 911 Issues Advertising RFP
Socialbakers Closes $6M Funding Round