Simply Measured announced closing its Series B funding, led by Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP), with participation from MHS Capital and existing angel investors. The company now has $8M available for growth and development, to further enhance its social media analytics capabilities, delivering valuable business intelligence to companies large and small.
As part of the deal, Ethan Kurzweil of Bessemer Venture Partners Menlo Park, CA office, will join Simply Measured’s board of directors, bringing his valuable experience in cloud computing, developer platforms and social media technologies. Kurzweil is more than confident that Simply Measured is a business poised for growth:
“In Simply Measured, BVP recognized an elegant solution powered by superior technology,” he explained. “Companies no longer need to hire data scientists to turn information into insights, meaning that business intelligence is more accessible to a broader range of organizations. Simply Measured’s innovative technology, in combination with a strong team and incredible market momentum, will enable more companies to act smarter—transforming business as we know it.”
Capitalizing on the opportunity, Simply Measured added new Google Analytics reporting capabilities to its set of web analytics-driven insights, which now includes all 6 different kinds of analysis reports, all downloadable, and each offering different tactical and strategic insights:
- Social Media Traffic Report – helps site owners make sense of owned and earned social media engagement in relation to website traffic, engagement and conversion.
- Twitter Traffic Analysis – allows you to track the impact of Twitter activity through the entire marketing funnel with detailed analytics down to the individual Tweet and user.
- Blog Performance Report – is ideal for corporate blogs, providing valuable insights that help owners optimize their sites, revealing the interaction between blogging and other social media campaigns.
- Traffic Sources Analysis – Attribute and compare traffic sources, including organic, paid, direct, referral and social traffic to develop goals and determine focal points.
- Landing Page Comparison – Compare website content by referring traffic category, entrance segments, bounce rates, keyword analysis and engagement.
- Website Influencers Report – Identify influencers who drive social engagement for your brand, as well as website traffic and conversion. Correlate Klout scores, Twitter reach and demographics with each individual’s downstream impact on your website.
In addition, Simply Measured offers several free tools, allowing you to analyze any brand page or web property across Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, Instagram, YouTube, or Google+. You can free reports for Twitter (Who are your followers? Where are they? What do they care about?); Free Instagram User Report (showing you how effectively is our brand engaging on Instagram, and much more); Free Pinterest User Report (How effectively is our brand engaging on Pinterest? Which Boards and Pins are working? How is our performance trending?) and more.