The second edition of Social Media Week Chicago offers a wide range of events for both novices and experts, 90 of which are completely free. The events are scheduled from September 24th to 28th, and will take place across 40 venues throughout the city, exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media.
Social Media Week Chicago 2012 is organized by the Zocalo Group and the Chicago Tribune and already has 14,000 registrations. Due to the high interest in this event, the registration period has been extended. Anyone can register here, . Some of the highlights of this series of events in Chicago are:
- Erik Qualman, founder and author of “Socialnomics” – Tuesday, 9/25 from 11 a.m – 12 p.m. at the Tribune Tower
- Brad Keywell, managing partner and co-founder of Lightbank – Tuesday, 9/25 from 12:30 – 2 p.m at the Tribune Tower
- Mayor Emanuel’s Digital Trio: a conversation between Brett Goldstein, chief data officer; John Tolva, chief technology officer; and Kevin Hauswirth, director of social media – Tuesday, 9/25 from 2 – 3 p.m. at CDW Plaza
- Chicago’s Startup Masters: a conversation with Logan LaHive, founder and CEO of Belly; Matt Maloney, co-founder and CEO of GrubHub; and Genevieve Thiers, founder of Sittercity – Thursday, 9/27 from 3 – 4:30 p.m. at the Riverfront Theater
- “When Social Transforms a City” featuring John Tolva, Chicago’s chief technology officer – Thursday, 9/27 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
Social Media Week is a biannual event (first held in 2010) that offers a “series of interconnected activities and conversations on emerging trends in social and mobile media.” The dedicated site offers a very detailed list of all the events in all the 13 cities where it is held – Barcelona, Berlin, Bogota, Chicago, Glasgow, Jeddah, London, Los Angeles, Sao Paolo, Seoul, Shanghai, Torino and Vancouver. The event focuses on the latest trends in social and mobile media. It also highlights the intersection of social media and a wide range of topics including business, technology, politics, arts, sports and education.
All those from around the globe interested in social media can check the event’s website, see what’s happening, where it is still possible to join, and take advantage of the free and paid events. Among the PR firms located in Chicago is Walker Sands Communications.
Top Public Relations News:
Syracuse City, Utah Issues RFP For Website Design & Development
Creative RFP Issued By University of Texas at Austin
Learning Leadership from the Marines: How to be Unselfish
Makovsky PR: Not A PR Company For The Best of The Best
Oklahoma City Police Issues RFP For Marketing and Branding
Boise Schools Issues Marketing Research RFP
What’s in a Trademark? Protecting Your Brand and Business
Journalists As Entrepreneurs, Can They Make It
Cheribundi Partners with Sports Teams to Promote Tart Cherry Juice
Geopon Retains Lynn Lewis PR to Promote Dynamic Coupon App