The Washington Student Achievement Council, hereafter called “AGENCY,” is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals from firms interested in providing media planning and buying services for Washington’s College Savings Plans (WA529), which currently include the Guaranteed Education Tuition Program (GET) and DreamAhead College Investment Plan (DreamAhead).
GET allows families to prepay for a child’s college tuition today. GET accounts are guaranteed to keep pace with in-state college tuition. DreamAhead offers a wide range of flexible investment choices based on a student’s age and an investor’s risk tolerance. Savings in both plans grow tax-free and can be withdrawn tax-free to pay for qualified higher education expenses at nearly any public or private college in the country.
The AGENCY administers GET and DreamAhead with oversight from the five-member WA529 Committee which governs the plans and establishes program policies. The AGENCY self-manages GET’s operations; Sunday Administration manages DreamAhead’s operations on behalf of the AGENCY. The Washington State Investment Board provides investment management services for GET; Lockwood Advisors, Inc. provides investment management services for DreamAhead.
Scope of Work:
The CONTRACTOR will provide services and staff, and otherwise do all things necessary for or incidental to the performance of work, as set forth below:
- Meet bi-annually with WA529 representatives in September and January to discuss short and long-term goals, media mix, timing and budget in order to procure television, radio, streaming, paid search, web display, social media, and/or other digital advertising for the ensuing State Fiscal Year.
- Create and distribute Requests for Proposals to advertising outlets statewide, annually in September and February. Radio and TV ads are planned for October/November, and April/May, coinciding with the beginning and end of the GET enrollment year. Additional advertising for GET and DreamAhead is planned and budgeted year-round. Major markets currently include Puget Sound area, Spokane, Yakima, Tri-Cities, and Southwest Washington. Other markets and strategies may be considered at the suggestion of the Contractor. WA529 reserves the right to modify the list of major markets and timing of the ads.
- Request and secure “added value” from all advertising outlets, including on-air matches, on-air interviews, bonus impressions, PSAs and Weblinks/banners.
- Collect and analyze proposals; present proposals for feedback from the WA529 marketing team at least two weeks prior to airing in order to make adjustments if needed. Proposals must include projected audience rating delivery, reach and frequency, and Cost per Thousand.
- Complete negotiations with responsive radio, television, print & digital entities as necessary.
- Build final buys and provide copies of media schedule to WA529.
- Submit orders to advertising outlets.
- Provide the WA529 marketing team with a complete buy recap within two weeks of placement, including added value, projected audience rating delivery, reach and frequency, and Cost per Thousand.
- Current and accurate station representative and traffic contact information should be included, along with media specification and distribution requirements. The budget recap should include a breakout by the station and a summary by a major market that includes the reach and frequency achieved both for the purchased and added value/bonus spots.
- Approve any make-goods required during each schedule.
- Distribute television, radio, and digital ads to vendors as defined by the buy.
- Review invoices for proof of performance. Approve and process payment of invoices.
- Receive and pay invoices for up to 10 advertising outlets whose agreements exceed $10,000. These advertising agreements and distribution of ads will be handled by WA529.
- Provide search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) services, including Pay-Per-Click (PPM) management.
August 9, 2019
Top Public Relations News:
More Greenpeace Fluff: Is the Organization Helping or Hurting the Cause?
Catherine Keill Joins H+K Edmonton as Senior Account Director
Marriott International Picks Karin Timpone New Marketing Head
Starwood Acquisition Makes Marriott the Big Dog
Mixing Social Media with Financial Education
COMMUNICATIONS RFP ISSUED BY TEACHERS’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF OKLAHOMA
Purchasing Red CUTCO Knives This Year Donates to Go Red For Women®
University of Washington Issues Marketing and Communication RFP
Maria Carfagna: “Mara La Bella” Showgirl turned Politician
Personal Profile Startup About.me is Acquired by AOL