SUNY College of Technology at Alfred (“Alfred State College”) located in Alfred, NY has issued a marketing RFP. It is the intent of Alfred State College to enter into a contract for media planning and buying services to be utilized by the Marketing Communications department at Alfred State College. The campaign will be based upon the college’s marketing tagline, “Hit the Ground Running.” The vendor will create recruitment and image advertising campaigns through calculated and aggressive media buying utilizing college supplied advertisements to result in a positive, widely recognized brand identity, while raising awareness, recognition and interest in the academic programs offered at Alfred State College, that lead to strong demand for graduates in the job market.
Alfred State College provides students the advantage of hands-on experience for in-demand jobs. This SUNY College of Technology is career-oriented to help students reach their goals. Students graduate with real-world training and the skills to succeed. Nestled in the hills of western New York, Alfred is a small village located 90 miles southeast of Buffalo. The beautiful surroundings are great for outdoor recreation and Alfred State College offers many opportunities for fun and fitness. A separate campus in nearby Wellsville, NY, is home to the School of Applied Technology.
Alfred State College enrolls approximately 3,700 full-time students annually. Some 600 faculty and staff support more than 70 associate and bachelor’s degrees in allied health, agriculture, architecture and design, automotive, building trades, business, civil engineering, computerized design and manufacturing, culinary, digital media, electrical trades, English and humanities, information technology, mathematics and physics, mechanical and electrical engineering, nursing, physical and life sciences, social and behavioral sciences, and veterinary technology. Alfred State is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Alfred State Pioneers are true to the nickname by rolling up their sleeves, taking action, and achieving goals. A close-knit community and caring faculty support students in building the skills needed for a successful career. With more than 100 clubs and civic groups, students learn to lead and contribute 80,000 hours of civic service each year. Student athletes proudly compete through 19 NCAA Division III sports.
From classroom excellence to learning through hands-on experiences, graduates of Alfred State College hit the ground running®.
The State University of New York (“SUNY”) is the largest comprehensive university system in the United States, educating more than 467,000 students in more than 7,500 degree and certificate programs on 64 campuses with nearly 3 million alumni around the globe. SUNY is committed to reduce administrative costs, maximize efficiencies and move resources toward academics and student services.
Scope of Work:
The successful vendor will be required to provide the services listed below observing all applicable federal, state, and local laws relating to labor and employment.
- Provide digital media, radio and television placement plans for the College based on marketing goals and objectives set forth by the College, including all applicable audience research and negotiate and execute media buys on behalf of the College.
- Negotiate and execute media buys on behalf of the College.
- Monitor media placements, ensuring that they run smoothly; negotiate make goods for any missed spots/placements.
- Provide post-buy analysis for media buys as well as digital campaign performance reports on a regular basis.
- Provide monthly expenditure reports.
- Provide one primary vendor contact for all College –related transactions.
- Provide reports and meet with the proper personnel on Alfred campus to discuss items of business as requested.
- The vendor will be responsible for reviewing and approving all advertiser invoices for accuracy and submitting them for payment.
Alfred State College
10 Upper College Drive ATTN: Michelle McCarthy
Pioneer Center – Procurement Office Alfred, NY 14802