Town of Leesburg Virginia Issues Marketing RFP
The Town of Leesburg is requesting sealed proposals from qualified firms to assist in the development of an electronic marketing strategy that will consist of creating a new standalone website for the Economic Development Department that appeals to business and Leisure Travel markets and include the creation of a logo that provides a separate and complementary identity to the Town of Leesburg logo.
The Town of Leesburg is located 35 miles west of Washington, D.C. The Town encompasses an area of 12 square miles with an estimated population of 54,215. The Town is the largest town in population in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Town Services include; a general aviation airport, police, public works including street maintenance, storm water management, utility services including water and sanitary sewer, parks and recreation with 18 active and passive parks, and a genealogical and research library amongst other services. The Town currently uses Vision Live on Granicus for the website that represents all Town Departments. This website does an excellent job of providing general information to Town residents and visitors; however, Economic Development sees a need to develop a new electronic marketing strategy. And, as part of that strategy, an enhanced website that is not only informative but can be used as the primary interactive marketing piece for prospective business clients and leisure travelers.
There are currently 41 pages on the Economic Development Department website through the Town. Staff sees an opportunity to combine and streamline much of that information to present a clean and engaging site to the public. In fiscal year 2019, the Economic Development focused webpages received approximately 34,000 unique hits. Staff intends to increase this number by actively marketing the new website to target markets once it is completed.
Scope of Work:
The Town is seeking professional and consulting services, project management, design and technical skills to develop an electronic marketing strategy that will consist of creating a new standalone website for the Economic Development Department that appeals to business and Leisure Travel markets. Part of this project will include the creation of a logo that provides a separate and complementary identity to the Town of Leesburg logo.
A. Contract Deliverables
Below is a partial list of items that the Town considers important elements to consider when approaching this project. It is not a complete list of all requirements to make the project successful and offerers are encouraged to use their expertise to provide well-rounded proposals that meet the overall objective of the project.
1. The awarded offeror migrates existing information to new site and participates collaboratively with the Town to combine content and create new content and pages if needed.
2. The site provides ease of use for non-technical staff to update and maintain in-house from anywhere there is an internet connection.
3. The site should be compliant with rules and regulations in the Americans with Disabilities Act.
4. The site should be able to include a mapping plug-in such as Google Maps or similar application to use with business directories.
5. The site should be able to accommodate directories that are populated by the user and approved by town staff before publishing.
6. The site should be able to link out to property search website for user searches.
7. The site should interface with Social Media channels.
8. The site should include a translator such as Google Translate.
9. The site should include a site search function.
10. The site should include Google analytics tracking code.
11. The site should be designed so that it is mobile friendly.
12. The awarded offeror should train Town staff on content updates.
13. The site should be search engine optimized.
14. The site should be encrypted and have a valid SSL certificate.
September 18, 2019
Town of Leesburg, Virginia
25 W. Market Street Leesburg, VA 20176