Unitaid Seeks Public Relations Consultant
UNITAID is seeking a public relations consultant. They are engaged in finding new ways to prevent, treat and diagnose HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria more quickly, more cheaply and more effectively. It takes game-changing ideas and turns them into practical solutions that can help accelerate the end of the three diseases. Established in 2006 by Brazil, Chile, France, Norway and the United Kingdom to provide an innovative approach to global health, UNITAID plays an important part in the global effort to defeat HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, by facilitating and speeding up the availability of improved health tools, including medicines and diagnostics.
UNITAID identifies health solutions that show promise and invests in them to establish their viability so that partner organizations can then make them widely available. By helping to fast- track access and reduce costs of new more effective medicines, technologies and systems UNITAID can maximize the impact of every dollar spent to overcome these lethal diseases.
Work to be performed:
- Contribute to writing duties, including drafting news releases, blogs, factsheets, social media materials;
- Support team in the roll-out of new website,
- Contribute to production of branded materials, written content associated with the new website;.
- Engage in activities to promote the new website to partners;
- Contribute to developing video interviews as a way of engaging with various audiences, including partners and grantees;
- Contribute to team efforts to develop clear messaging
- Take on any other task supporting communications work in agreement with the supervisor.
- Work with program teams to develop robust messaging and briefing materials.
- Engage with suppliers, as required, to secure deliverables needed for the website in atimely manner;
- Contribute to disseminating UNITAID’s new logo, devising a campaign that leverages UNITAID’s social media platforms;
- Generate written content for the new website as directed by the head of communications;
- Help organize preparation and production of branded materials to replace existing materials with the defunct brand;
Proposal due by Feb 1, 2016 to:
UNITAID is hosted and administered by the World Health Organization (WHO) Chemin de Blandonnet 10 – BIBC III – 8th Floor
Telephone: +41 22 791 12 00
Fax: +41 22 791 48 90