University of Arkansas Issues Marketing RFP
The Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas, acting
on behalf of the University of Arkansas Department of Athletics, located in
Fayetteville, Arkansas (UA) is seeking bid proposals from qualified and
reputable firms to establish a term contract to provide marketing and
communications services pursuant to the specifications, terms and conditions
stated in this RFP (“Proposal(s)”).
UAF Global Campus seeks proposals to support development and
The U of A Global Campus seeks proposals for
(1) Media buys (execution and maintenance) or
(2) Creative and marketing services, or
(3) Both 1 and 2.
The Global Campus is a support unit for the academic
colleges at the UAF that offer online degree programs and workforce education.
The Global Campus provides instructional design and educational technology
support, as well as assistance with marketing, recruiting and strategic
Unlike some institutions, online education is embedded
within UAF’s traditional brick-and-mortar landgrant institution, not separate.
Academic colleges own online degree programs, and the Global Campus supports
those colleges in developing, marketing and recruiting for those programs. It
is important to understand that the Global Campus:
- Is data-driven and revenue-dependent.
- Works within an organizational structure that is
different from institutions that separate online programs from traditional
programs. This structure is decentralized, meaning academic colleges and other
units govern their own policies and procedures.
- Depends on positive relationships with UAF
academic colleges and other support units to be successful.
- Relies on other UAF offices for admissions and
enrollment functions, and some lead nurturing.
- Focuses marketing primarily on the University of
Arkansas ONLINE, online.uark.edu, a website that showcases 52 online programs
offered by five academic colleges. The U of A offers 32 online degree programs:
7 bachelor’s, 19 master’s, 2 specialist’s, and 4 doctoral. It also offers 11
certificate and 9 licensure/endorsement programs online. A limited budget
restricts the capacity to promote individual online degree programs.
- Offers a variety of face-to-face, online, and
blended workforce development programs out of the Rogers Global Campus office.
- Relies on enrollment as the Key Performance
Indicator for marketing and recruiting.
- Uses a campus-wide CRM (Slate) to deliver
customized communications to prospective students, as permitted and approved by
the academic colleges.
- Is highly involved in marketing campaigns
managed by vendors.
Scope of Work:
UAF expects to achieve the following goals (at a minimum)
through the selected firm(s):
1. A campaign/marketing strategy for current and future (1) online degree
at online.uark.edu and (2) professional and workforce development classes and
described at training.uark.edu. Describe how your company can make UAF programs
stand out in a noisy,
competitive marketplace, especially on Internet-based platforms, including
media. Describe how your company can leverage UAF’s and Global Campus’s current
2. A media buy strategy for (1) online degree programs and (2) professional and
The strategy should include platforms, the expertise used in selecting
platforms, and the
analytics to be used in managing (correcting, adjusting) media buys and their
platforms. Describe how you would prioritize media
platforms. Explain how and why your company can provide the best
media buy strategy to increase enrollments. Describe any
proprietary software or specialized teams used to enhance media buy ROI.
3. A plan to measure and report marketing ROI based on specific metrics and
targets. GC relies on enrollments as the Key Performance Indicator and, less
importantly, on other indicators (e.g. site visits, requests for
information, applications, etc.). Explain what data analytics your
company would use to drive
marketing advice, corrections, and adjustments. Explain how you would
define and report ROI and marketing effectiveness.
4. A detailed project management plan describing how your company would
collaborate with the Global Campus communications and recruitment
teams. Describe how your company would provide depth and
expand the capabilities of these in-house teams. The plan should delineate
roles and workflows and describe how
collaborative efforts are managed, tracked and accounted.
We are striving for:
- A clear presence in the marketplace that targets
learner populations for U of A online and workforce development programs.
- Data-driven, innovative, and proven marketing
strategies and practices to increase enrollments.
- Effective ROI confirmed by data
- Alignment with the university’s mission to
enhance the U of A brand.
Goals are to:
- Increase enrollments that lead to increased
- Attract qualified student applicants most likely
to enroll in online degree programs.
- Attract workforce members most likely to
register for non-credit courses and programs to enhance their skills.
- Increase public awareness of U of A educational
offerings and enhance the U of A brand.
- Provide detailed, sound reporting of ROI
- Provide people across Arkansas, and beyond, with
access to U of A educational opportunities.
University of Arkansas
Administration Bldg, Rm 321
1125 W Maple St
Fayetteville, AR 72701
APCO Worldwide and Edelman PR have relevant experience.