Downtown Springfield, Inc. (DSI) has initiated a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to identify a vendor, agency, consortium or contract employee (Agent) who is/are qualified to provide day-to-day marketing services showcasing Downtown Springfield as a growing, vibrant neighborhood & business district. The duties require an Agent who has demonstrated experience in multimedia content creation and distribution.
Downtown Springfield, Inc. (DSI), a 501c6 business association and Main Street organization with a mission to increase the economic and cultural vitality of the historic downtown district, is seeking proposals to manage its day-to-day marketing needs and build capacity for an eventual comprehensive marketing campaign.
Scope of Work:
Serve as the day-to-day Marketing Manager by developing and distributing content through all DSI channels and to media professionals that showcases Downtown Springfield’s growing vibrancy, its creative entrepreneurs, its associated lifestyle, and its unique place in Sangamon County’s culture. Support DSI’s efforts to increase vibrancy through place branding, event and sales promotions, collateral materials, advertising and leveraged opportunities.
The Agent would provide the following services:
- Serve as DSI’s advisor for the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the primary mission of increasing vitality in Downtown Springfield
- Manage DSI’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Produce monthly e-newsletter via Constant Contact
- Write press releases
- Produce regular blog posts
- Maintain DSI website
- Increase number of videos across DSI platforms
- Increase number of member profiles across DSI platforms
- Provide graphic design services
- Provide photography services
- Potentially marketing support for development of a downtown app
- Provide next steps to expand marketing efforts as DSI’s marketing budget increases