The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is requesting proposals from firms to perform communications and targeted outreach services to support the agency’s various messaging efforts and to provide strategic and tactical support to the agency’s Communications Group, which is part of ARC’s Center for Strategic Relations. ARC is seeking a firm with experience in public relations, targeted outreach, social media, crisis communications, and creative services to support these efforts. The firm’s work will be overseen and conducted in collaboration with ARC’s Communications Group. More information about ARC and scope of work can be found in Exhibit A (Scope of Work).
ARC intends to enter into an agreement with the selected firm for the remainder of calendar 2019, with an option to extend three 12-month terms provided that each party has fully complied with its obligations under the agreement and has maintained a performance standard acceptable to the other party during the prior term and the agreement has not been terminated. ARC intends to award the contract in May 2019 with an estimated budget of $47,000 from the start of the contract through December 2019. The successful consultant or team of consultants should be prepared to begin work immediately. ARC reserves the right to award all or part of the available funds for this project. Each task will be assigned by ARC’s project manager. The firm will bill for work provided on an hourly basis.
The Atlanta Regional Commission is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults, and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
On any given day, ARC works with local jurisdictions and various regional partners to:
· Plan new transportation options
· Encourage the development of healthy, livable communities
· Wisely manage precious water resources
· Provide services for the region’s older adults and individuals with disabilities
· Develop a competitive workforce
· Provide data to inform leaders and decision-makers
· Cultivate leaders to meet the region’s challenges
· Coordinate with local first responders in preparing for a secure region
· Engage the public on key regional issues
The agency also serves as a regional convener, bringing diverse stakeholders to the table to address the most important issues facing metro Atlanta.
ARC is governed by a 39-member board that consists of both elected officials and citizen members. ARC’s member governments are Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties, and the city of Atlanta.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will provide ongoing communications and marketing support to the agency, as directed by the agency’s Communications & Marketing Group, which is part of ARC’s Center for Strategic Relations. This support may include the following services:
· Participating in strategic communications planning sessions and preparing strategic communications plans
· Performing project management services
· Drafting written materials including blog posts, website language, video storylines and scripts, speaking points, and social media posts
· Crisis communications counsel
· Creative services, including the development of visual materials (e.g., posters, slide presentations, web banners, infographics)
· Proactive media pitching
· Media training of ARC leadership and subject matter experts
Top Public Relations News:
Twitter Abuse – A Perpetually Evolving Scandal
Ogilvy & Mather Win Record-Breaking Awards at Cannes Lions
Tarrant County College District Issues Advertising and Marketing RFP
Qorvis Communications – Says Nothing To The Web
BP Behind Hype – The True Meaning of an Aggressive PR Campaign
University of North Dakota Issues Public Relations RFP
Kosta Petrov and “P World”
Livermore Valley Transit Authority Issues Creative RFP
University of British Columbia, Branding, Web Design and Development Services
New York Government Relations RFP Issued