The City of Garland is requesting proposals from qualified agencies experienced in providing media buy planning, media buying, implementation, and management services to increase positive exposure of the City and City events. The City recently completed a study to gauge internal and external perceptions of the community, as well as a campaign concept. The City is seeking an experienced partner to provide guidance and implement strategic placement of multi-media advertising including print, digital, broadcast, and out-of-home advertisements.
Garland is the second most populous city in Dallas County, Texas and the fifth largest in the DFW Metroplex. The community has strong and deep roots, but has struggled as it ages and witnesses development energy migrate to other parts of the region. Many exciting opportunities exist in Garland; however, knowledge about what and where they might be continues to elude valued audiences. Garland has recently worked to establish clear goals and has a defined vision for the future of the City. That vision prioritizes “growing” the City’s economic base, becoming increasingly progressive, and eradicating any negative perceptions that currently exist. Positioning the City to better realize these goals and creating a solid map to better manage those relationships are major objectives of this project.
Scope of Work:
The Scope of Services shall include media negotiations as well as and planning, coordination, buying, implementation, and management of digital, print, broadcast, and out-of-home advertisements. The City may task the selected agency with additional requirements related to advertisement creation and placement to generate exposure for the Garland community, its destinations and events, and the City organization.
Agency shall provide advertising media buying services as needed by City of Garland, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this RFP:
• The selected agency will have access to the City’s current library of photography which includes several multi-day professional shoots completed over the past 18 months.
• The selected agency will have access to the City’s current research to develop and implement messaging and positioning.
• The selected agency will build on the City’s existing branding for consistency and core communication messaging.
• Messaging will support the newly developed series of marketing and recruitment print/digital collateral to promote a consistent and clear image of the City. The selected agency should consider preserving and building upon the established brand quality.
Agency may submit proposals on all or part of the following scopes:
• Plan and manage media buy for print, broadcast, and out-of-home advertising.
• Agency should explain the specific type and extent of service to be provided.
• Provide detailed pricing methodology, including any monthly or per-transaction fees.
• Identify all reasonably anticipated costs that are not included in the vendor’s above pricing methodology and/or proposed bid (for example: actual media buy budget).
• The City prefers a direct-bill relationship with its print, broadcast, and out-of-home advertising media partners. The amount of budget available for media buys will vary from year-to-year. The City’s estimated advertising budget for FY 2019 is $130,000 to $170,000.
• Plan and manage media buy for digital advertising, with the primary goal of driving online traffic to the City’s campaign microsite MakeYourMarkGarland.com
• Vendor should include an explanation of the type of digital advertising methods/platforms recommended such as pay-per-click, native ads, display ads, sponsored content, etc.
• Provide detailed pricing methodology, including any monthly or per-transaction fees. If bidding on both Scope A and Scope B, please clarify whether or not proposed pricing is inclusive or in addition to management fees previously identified in Scope A.
• Identify all reasonably anticipated costs that are not included in the vendor’s above pricing methodology and/or proposed bid (for example: actual media buy budget, hosting platforms or subscription services, etc.)
• The City is new to digital advertising and does not have established relationships for most digital platforms, with the exception of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our existing websites. The City is seeking a partner to fully administer the City’s Make Your Mark digital advertising presence, including providing any additional technologies or platforms for executing the program. All anticipated costs associated with executing the digital advertising should be clearly identified, including whether or not the costs are included in an agency’s proposal.
• The City’s estimated budget for digital advertising is $70,000 annually.
January 4th, 2019.
City of Garland
200 North 5th Street
2nd Floor Purchasing Department
Garland, Texas 75040