BRAND USA Seeks a travel marketing agency in Italy & Spain. The selected Representation Firm is asked to identify a Strategic Director within their agency who will be considered Brand USA’s in-market expert, with the purpose of helping to build and maintain top-of-mind awareness of the USA as a premier travel destination in order to increase international visitation, spend, and market share for the United States.
As an extension of the Brand USA team in market, the Strategic Director will ensure all in-market activity represents Brand USA in ways that support the organization’s strategies and mission, while protecting and preserving our integrity and brand.
To increase visitation and spend in the United States, an integral part of Brand USA’s strategy is to ensure the USA is prominently positioned within key travel trade distribution networks in market. Brand USA works with the travel trade industry to develop and execute new and innovative programs across all regions of the USA and, in addition, develop and incorporate a rigorous product-training program to educate all levels of industry to inspire and motivate the travel trade to sell destinations of all shapes and sizes, as well as iconic and unexpected experiences, to their customers.
Scope of Work:
The selected Representation Firm will:
- Identify an individual who will serve as a Strategic Director for Brand USA.
- The Strategic Director will develop and implement an annual strategic travel trade plan aimed at increasing visitation and visitor spend to the USA
- The Strategic Director will provide strategic oversight, planning, and execution of all trade activities in market as proposed in approved annual marketing plan
This will include the following as directed by Brand USA’s global development team:
- Provide annual brochure analysis
- Develop and maintain list of both top-producing tour and niche/specialist operators
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and regular contact through direct outreach to: tour operators, wholesalers, consolidators, travel agents, mice/corporate/incentive buyers, airlines, and other distribution intermediaries or related travel partners
- Develop and implement trade programs to increase and enhance the profile of the USA and assist the travel trade in developing new and innovative programs and products consistent with consumer marketing campaigns and messaging, to increase brand and destination awareness and visitation to the USA
- Work to keep destination product offerings current; and develop new travel itineraries and product ideas available for sale
- Identify, develop and implement tactical trade marketing programs with key distribution partners promoting the USA
- Represent Brand USA at key travel industry events including exhibiting at trade shows and other events
- Develop, promote, and execute at least one Brand USA sales mission in market. Execution includes planning and appointment setting with key marketing partners in market
- Assist in the development, management, and possible presentation of cooperative training programs with the travel trade, as well as workshops, road shows, and other creative and innovative programs
- Develop and execute a travel trade familiarization program with the goal of highlighting every region of the country. Create itineraries in conjunction with Brand USA staff. Requirement: minimum of one Product Managers familiarization trips per year (not including Mega Fams)
- Ensure Brand USA is well represented in travel trade programs, brochures, and other industry communications
- Develop niche marketing opportunities and alternative distribution channels for a range of Brand USA niche and specialist travel experiences
- Distribute promotional brochures and literature, and other marketing assets as needed and directed.
- Represent Brand USA at Visit USA Association meetings and coordinate all relevant joint marketing activity.
- Log all activity in Brand USA’s enterprise management system, powered by Salesforce, on a consistent basis and in compliance with prescribed procedures
- Work with Brand USA partners/vendors as needed and directed by Brand USA staff
- Assist Miles Media with the review of the Brand USA Inspiration Guide, Multi-Channel co-ops, and other initiatives as directed by Brand USA
- Assist other 3rd party contractors as directed by Brand USA
Travel Trade Website
- As directed by the Brand USA consumer marketing team, contribute and update localized representative information and/or other content requests on in-market localized assets
September 22, 2017.
Top Public Relations News:
The Best Social Gaming
Debate on Obamacare Continues
What’s Happening at 5WPR, Edelman, W2O Group, Bratskeir & Company, and Joyce Sevilla PR
Streaming Video Advertising Coming to Marriott Hotels
WorkplaceNL Issues Media RFP
Avant Gallery: A Great NYC Art Gallery
Magrino PR: A Profile Of A PR Agency
Social Media Creating Bold, New Criminals
Ministry of Commerce, Government of Pakistan Seeks PR Firm
Senator McCaskill Pushes Investigation into Federal Use of PR firms